• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More help please, still got trouble with file size from my new 5D

janet Smith

pro member
Bonjour Nic

What a lot of trouble you have gone to it's extremely kind of you, thank you... I'm getting along just fine with 5D now and am debating whether to bother with this 75mb 8 bit image sounds as though it's a thoroughly bad/mad idea that I'm probably better off not attempting....

Anyway, I go to the far North West of Scotland and the Isle of Skye in a couple of days, and will be away until the end of June. Hopefully I'll return with loads of landscapes and flower shots, I'm loving my new macro lens as well. So will be in touch end of June early July.... Thanks to all who helped, it's very much appreciated.

As they say "Ars longa, vita brevis" - (skill takes time to acquire, but life is short.....)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
My pleasure Janet, I hope it did/will help you.

In return, please think about my wife Marine and I when you'll eat some sea food at the entrance of Portree, just before the yellow, blue and rose houses on the port.

We do love the island of Skye and North west to North of Scotland as well.

Thanks in advance! and don't forget to post some images from upthere when you'll be back!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Janet,

I knew you'd get the right help here you did from a lot of people and now Nicolas' help addresses pretty well everything...for now. There will be more issues. May I suggest that if the client really wants A3, follow Nicolas warnings and rent a 1DsII for the day. Since you have all the lenses, this is no big deal. Just you have to press two buttons to change ISO and drive options! No big deal!

Good luck and happy trip!

Asher