• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

First B&W

Greetings,

I never did B&W before, so you better close your eyes. <grins>

My problem was, I originally wanted to crop the blue area and work with that, but I do not know how to treat the blown out highlights.

So I tried another crop, I find it difficult to get the result I wanted. Ah well, experience and patience is required.

Klaus Esser

pro member
Hi Bear!

Try the channel-mixer set to monochrome and test with the interpretation of colours into grey-tones.

best, Klaus

Erik DeBill

I'm not sure it's black and white, more just very low saturation. But whatever it is I like it!

The colors were a bit overpowering to begin with, so toning them down emphasized the forms involved. The cropping made the curves of the hoses coming down stronger. There is enough there that I can look at many different parts of the frame and see things to interest me, whether it's the grease at lower right, the curves of the hoses or mysterious fitting at bottom center.