• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wave splash - impressions

Andy brown

I thought I'd take a slightly new approach to a theme I've been playing with (waves).

I'm kind of liking them but also thinking they look a bit too unnatural or worked (they're actually almost straight OOC).

Anyway, I'd value any opinions, good or bad.

DSC_9744%20p%20screen%20size_zpsztr07rw6.jpg

DSC_9777%20p%20screen%20size_zpsna9lgn7v.jpg

Antonio Correia

Indeed it is an unusual approach to wave splashes.

Both images are quite pleasant though I like best the first one.

It looks to me that in both you have used flash ?!

Andy brown

How about this one?

Sorry folks, I know there are no grungy streets, no faces, no birds, flowers, kids or even a cloud, rock or a fish for god's sake.
But whaddya reckon?

DSC_9939%20copy%20p%20screen%20size_zpsgk6wnqbi.jpg

James Lemon

Thanks for your brutal honesty, I was leading with my chin and got what was coming.
It's actually what I was looking for.
Consider the poor pixels laid to rest.

Andy

I meant that they are just fine the way they are no more processing needed.

James

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
How about this one?

Sorry folks, I know there are no grungy streets, no faces, no birds, flowers, kids or even a cloud, rock or a fish for god's sake.
But whaddya reckon?

DSC_9939%20copy%20p%20screen%20size_zpsgk6wnqbi.jpg

Andy,

Agreed.

But we can alter all that. We can add a title (and for that, a new thread). Hope you don't mind!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I thought I'd take a slightly new approach to a theme I've been playing with (waves).

I'm kind of liking them but also thinking they look a bit too unnatural or worked (they're actually almost straight OOC).

I do not find anything additionally interesting at this way of viewing the two pictures. Perhaps printed huge and isolated in an important gallery's white walls, they would spark conversations and significance. Sunsets are hard to be anything but merely sentimental. With a splash in front and no other guidance, where does one get hooks for meaning?

But here, you ask for "opinions, good or bad". That sets the context for our experience.

By contrast, imagine them in a respected national gallery, the Broad Museum, for example in Los Angeles! The fact that they are on display, with security personal at each entrance to the hall, already gives all the needed rank and importance. We recognize the authority and knowledge of the Broad's curators. This reality immediately gives your photographs gravitas and significance. So all the folk coming by are forced to stop and search for meaning and catch up with the nature of the art experience examples here.

Here, with your almost "self doubt", we can't so easilly get the phenomenon of "art experience" off the ground.

Asher

Andy brown

Hi,

very, very interesting and pleasing for my gusto ...
Do you think about any postproduction work?

Thanks Wolfgang, I do think about it and even nudge a little here and there.
I'm not much of a chef in the image cooking department. Shame, cos in the real kitchen, I'm a bit of a whizz.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andy,

Very nice work.

No, I don't think the concept of "too much worked" applies to this kind of art.

In any case, of the two, I prefer DSC_9777 (the second one).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug