• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happy Thanksgiving

Doug Kerr

Tomorrow in the US is Thanksgiving day. A generally-corresponding holiday is observed in many other countries, generally on some other date.

To all my friends here, regardless of your location and local customs, I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

By the way, in Texas, for many years the day wasn't celebrated. It was considered to be a "Yankee" holiday (that is, a creature of the accursed part of the country that won the Civil War).

Then, when they did adopt it, they celebrated it a week later than had by then been standardized by (the rest of) the US. But eventually the merchant community caused the state to get with the program

No, of course I'm not proud to live here. But it is very handy.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for all your friendship and sharing. I add my own good wishes for Thanksgiving to everyone, "To you and yours!" :)

Asher