• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Latest magazine ad

Paul Bestwick

pro member
this is my design for the next bridal ad. It is a full double page spread.

Cheers,

Paul
ad.jpg

Nill Toulme

Great stuff Paul. I love the car shots. Only quibble is the two tilted shots right next to each other in lower right. I might swap the position of 1 and 2 in that group of three, to break that up.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hi Nill,

thanks for your comments. I had the position you suggested but it looked better balanced with the more distant shot in the centre.

Cheers,

Paul

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charles,

The picture is loading fine for me!

So perhaps the image url has been corrected or the server was down.

Paul, I like the finished ad.

Ther picture on the left grabs attention and shows the ends you'll go in taking a memorable picture. The one on the upper right is driving into the frame and says they had a wonderful experience!

The B&W images demonstrate that you also do the classical pictures with ease.

I do have one question. The logo.

Have you considered making the number "58" in silver or grey so that it stands out separately from the word Studio?

In fact I'd use two tones of gray. This would be then an implicit connection to the fine tonalities in B&W pictures too.

Studio_58_AdADK.jpg

Maybe the large picture on the left a tad smaller so as to add generous white space below your large logo for Studio 58. Also perhaps small type face on the address on the right.

Anyway, these are just my reactions looking from all the way over here! I'd also consider a light texture like the page in an album.

I like what you have done!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Actually, I'd even consider dropping one image!

You have enough without two "fun and joy" pics.

consider, perhaps, leaving out the spectacular large pic on the left and keep the two pics on the right.

All the space on the left would then explain your studio and you way of working with clients before, during and after the wedding.

This would give the cleanest and most professional representation of your studio.

I guess I take these things very seriosuly. In creative work, one has to often sacrifice one's darlings!

Asher

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Thanks Asher,

Good call on the two tone logo, I think that would send a subtle message. The photo on the left is the big drawcard. I took a similair shot (12 years ago & not as good as this) & it has been admired & commented on ever since. I guess you would say it has become an iconic image for the studio & has directly result in bookings. How much more so the new & improved version. Being a double page spread, the absence of the main image would leave a lot of space to allocate to words, I think the image is more valid, particularly if a picture is worth a thousand words...........how many words is an awesome picture worth.
I believe this type of direct advertising needs to be high impact for the best success. Best leave the words for when we meet up.
Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Paul