• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

This Makes No Sense To Me....

ErikJonas

Banned
Here I have this print thats a dramatic sunset.It is of my most commented pictures...The colors to the sunset are just outstanding....The colors reflecting in the water of the marina...Just a great image...Today i got a request for it in black an white....????

Why take a intense sunset and make it black an white that makes no sense to me...And no i'm not going to do it...I have this print in color as a limited edition run i will not have it also in black an white....I was telling my mom about it and the look she gave me when i told her he wanted the sunset shot in B/W was priceless lol.....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here I have this print thats a dramatic sunset.It is of my most commented pictures...The colors to the sunset are just outstanding....The colors reflecting in the water of the marina...Just a great image...Today i got a request for it in black an white....????

Why take a intense sunset and make it black an white that makes no sense to me...And no i'm not going to do it...I have this print in color as a limited edition run i will not have it also in black an white....I was telling my mom about it and the look she gave me when i told her he wanted the sunset shot in B/W was priceless lol.....
Hi Erik,

How did those folks get to comment on this so dramatic sunset? I can't see it?

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned

Asher...I had a matted 5 by 7 on display in the front office and it was the Big boss who saw it and expressed interest in buying it as a full size print in B/W and another image of mine...I have little excitement about this in that a LOT of people say they want to buy my work they are thinking like $30 0r $40 dollars...The 12 By 18 is more like $137.00..Very reasonable for a limited edition print but not for the Walmart crowd....

I have a open edition Bald Eagle print thats pretty dramatic i might try to sell him on..I have sold a lot of those and being a open edition the 12 By 18 is just $67.00....Tomorrow i am taking a few framed images to be hung in their office are....Its a small office nothing special....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher...I had a matted 5 by 7 on display in the front office and it was the Big boss who saw it and expressed interest in buying it as a full size print in B/W and another image of mine...I have little excitement about this in that a LOT of people say they want to buy my work they are thinking like $30 0r $40 dollars...The 12 By 18 is more like $137.00..Very reasonable for a limited edition print but not for the Walmart crowd....

I have a open edition Bald Eagle print thats pretty dramatic i might try to sell him on..I have sold a lot of those and being a open edition the 12 By 18 is just $67.00....Tomorrow i am taking a few framed images to be hung in their office are....Its a small office nothing special....

It's you boss, for Gawdsake! give him the damn thing, open or closed edition, give him the amazing print! "One pay raise, one great step up for income for whole year"

Then let him snap it, post it on smugmug and post it here, LOL!

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned

I dont give my work away lol....And its not my boss its THE boss...Although i had talked to him about having a job with sales and new accounts as i have a bit of exp. there...Just a bit....Probably not smart enough for the job though....I'll just stick to hitting a shutter release...Something i can handle....

Too bad i cant post from my computer...I was just looking through my images of Jordan both color and black an white...Pretty proud of my model stuff.....Oh and Cabrea gave me permission to post her Fine Art nudes we did.......Cabrea and i will be shooting again soon,her mom just passed its been pretty hard on her.....I will be shooting with Vanessa soon shes 17, i have shot with her since she was 14.....We are suppose to shoot this sunday, possibly some night time outside stuff i dont know yet....I have some pretty good images of Monica too....

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Hi Erik
youre not the first! read here

I'd print it in B/W and charge extra for the "difficult conversion and extra work" ... ;-)

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Erik
stick with your believes, a photographer is not a call girl (am staying polite here ;-)
If you don't feel it, if you're not starving, don't do it (whatever change is asked to do to your photography).
As pointed by Asher and I in a complete different topic, photography is part of our identity… can't be soiled (but showned;-)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Bart,

I'd print it in B/W and charge extra for the "difficult conversion and extra work" ... ;-)
Indeed.

I've often done the very same for consulting clients (not photo images, but rather complicated technical papers, when, after consideration, they wanted a condensed one).

Alain Briot

pro member
Eric,

I think you have the wrong audience . . .

Yours is an audience of convenience. They see your work because they work with you and are willing to pay "walmart" prices

You need to find an audience of passion. People who come see your work because they want to see your work and are willing to pay what you ask!

You'll have to get out of the office to do this.

Work offices are not the ideal place for a show ;-)

The price discrepancy (what they want to pay versus what you charge) is simple to fix: just put a price tag.