• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Worried about Memory Card Durability?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

A great Canadian story yesterday - where a guys camera was lost at sea - and recovered two years later. Images and Video were intact on the memory card:

It is reassuring that we can be confident that our images, on a memory card, will survive for two years.

That's a long time. Still, I have piles of papers unfiled for longer than that.

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Hi, Robert,

It is reassuring that we can be confident that our images, on a memory card, will survive for two years.

That's a long time. Still, I have piles of papers unfiled for longer than that.

Best regards,

Doug

True - but what if they were deep in water with animal life attaching themselves to the pages? LOL

A photographer I was talking to about this story, came up with the idea of it being like a time capsule or message in a bottle type thing, except..memory card in a camera. I thought what a great idea - with all of the outdated cameras, and small storage memory cards we photographers end with sitting in boxes never to be used again.

-----