• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Editing Question On This Image

ErikJonas

Banned
This image is new taken 2-28-10....I am wondering do i edit out that yellowish twine type stuff on the corner or do i leave it?....

B/W conversion on this i thought of but i like the heavy rust color it speaks more i think...The yellow twine stuff on the corner is like a small island of character and color in the bleak rustness....

The gray in the lower corner i am going to clone out....

I was wondering what anyone else thought of the twine....

4407075033_1b8c022977_o.jpg

Taken in a industrial setting of old equipment mostly no longer used.......

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Erik,
I thinking the piece of twine doesn't add anything to the image. I'd try to edit it out.
Sadly, that's all I can offer, as many here are far better at PP than I.
I hope someone offers a try. I'd like to see (and learn from) the result.

And...nice image!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Erik,

This is one of your best pictures I have scene. Just being shown this I'd have thought of Jim Collum's work. Also the file is a tad bigger and we don't feel cheated! Good job!

This image is new taken 2-28-10....I am wondering do i edit out that yellowish twine type stuff on the corner or do i leave it?....

I'd be thankful for it. It's important for the picture. At least one remnant of softness.

B/W conversion on this i thought of but i like the heavy rust color it speaks more i think.

This would not make it as well as B&W not only for the reason you state, that the inherent rust color tells the story, but also because of the paucity of anything but dark tones make one think twice before choosing that way of presenting the picture.

The gray in the lower corner i am going to clone out....

Just select that whole corner, add a feathering of 20 pixels and decrease the brightness.

4407075033_1b8c022977_o.jpg

I hope to see more of the shoot. I wonder why you cannot keep the EXIF info. Dd you shoot it in RAW or just jpg?

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Thanks Asher but ssshhhhhhh...When Jim was sleeping i went over and took the memory card out of his camera,thats where i got the image...Hoping he doesnt miss the memory card or the cookies i took as well...ssshhhhhh

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher but ssshhhhhhh...When Jim was sleeping i went over and took the memory card out of his camera,thats where i got the image...Hoping he doesnt miss the memory card or the cookies i took as well...ssshhhhhh
Erik,

If you are going to steal digital images, don't pick Jim's photos, LOL! He remembers the entire file off by heart and would catch you red handed and feed you to his pet sharks!

I hope you will simply show us more of yours, instead!

Asher

Graham Harris

Erik,

To answer your question. I would be tempted to crop it about half an inch off the bottom, to take out the grey pipe. For me, the accent then appears to move to the yellow tuft and give a different feel to the image.

By the way, I love the texture of this.

Graham