• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

SFV

Jarmo Juntunen

Jakobsgatan, Stockholm, Sweden.

_img900.jpg

No, sorry, I have no idea what SFV is.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jarmo,

Statens Fastighetsverk - National Property Board.

It administers the public lands, forests, cultural sites, etc.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Jarmo,

Statens Fastighetsverk - National Property Board.

It administers the public lands, forests, cultural sites, etc.

Best regards,

Doug

Perhaps not! It might possibly bet related to organizations at support trades or else education in Swedish culture in finland. See this, but their logo is different!

Asher

I'm actually online with someone from Sweden at the moment and he says it is the Statens Fastighetsverk as Doug says. The logos both have a crown on top as they are both national associations and not private ones.

sfv.png

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Doug

Hmmm. yes. that is the logo. As I said in my post, I was online with someone from there that acknowledged that you were right, but I'm starting to think perhaps you are ignoring my posts. Noticed it in another post also, but thought it was just a an oversight.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Maggie,

Hmmm. yes. that is the logo. As I said in my post, I was online with someone from there that acknowledged that you were right, but I'm starting to think perhaps you are ignoring my posts. Noticed it in another post also, but thought it was just a an oversight.

Oh, no, not at all. I just didn't know that you were expecting a reply! Roger your Roger and all that. And I had my hands full copying disks with Xray and MRI studies and such to get ready for a visit to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning.

Thanks for confirming my findings.

And it's always nice to hear from you. I always enjoy your messages.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

I'm actually online with someone from Sweden at the moment and he says it is the Statens Fastighetsverk as Doug says. The logos both have a crown on top as they are both national associations and not private ones.

I was thinking, "Now where's Maggie Terlecki?

You're a whiz-detective with google obeying your wishes. Google must be really intimidated by you, me it still throws off track and I fall for it!

Asher

Hi, Maggie,

Oh, no, not at all. I just didn't know that you were expecting a reply! Roger your Roger and all that. And I had my hands full copying disks with Xray and MRI studies and such to get ready for a visit to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning.

Thanks for confirming my findings.

And it's always nice to hear from you. I always enjoy your messages.

Best regards,

Doug

I'm sorry, Doug, for jumping to conclusions. It's just been a weird day, that is all. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I hope the surgery you are getting is not something too serious. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Again, my apologies.

_img900.jpg

No, sorry, I have no idea what SFV is.

Jarmo, sorry this derailed but I love the picture and how the columns, the lamps and the floor all pull into the deep end where this figure is silhouetted so nicely against the light. Well done and well seen! :)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

_img900.jpg

Well Jarmo,

Maggie brought us back from detective work to your striking picture. I wonder whether you played with various options for how the image is cropped. Is this the final idea, or might you alter this for actually making a print?

I ask because much of the left border, (that is everything to the left of the SFV sign), seems to be extraneous to the composition, but then I could be simplifying things too much and departing from your vision of what's needed. Doing so, puts more attention to the lone figure and its reflection.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Maggie,

I'm sorry, Doug, for jumping to conclusions. It's just been a weird day, that is all. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I hope the surgery you are getting is not something too serious. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Again, my apologies.
No need for apologies at all.

I'm not (yet necessarily) having surgery. This is just to try and find what is causing some pain in my right leg. The medical situation here in Alamogordo is such that to identify any problem one must see perhaps three physicians (who will all be clueless) and then develop the diagnosis oneself. Fortunately my engineering background fits me well for that form of combat.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Best regards,

Doug

Jarmo Juntunen

Well, I was quite surprised to see extent of conversation this little travel memento sparked!

Doug, I hope your health issue turns out well!

Maggie, thank you so much for your nice feedback! I had pretty much the ideas in my head when taking this picture. As usual, I had to shoot from the hip. During the two or so seconds needed to point and shoot this the rest of the family walked a few hundred meters, very very anxious for me to stop shooting, lol!

Well Jarmo,

Maggie brought us back from detective work to your striking picture. I wonder whether you played with various options for how the image is cropped. Is this the final idea, or might you alter this for actually making a print?

I ask because much of the left border, (that is everything to the left of the SFV sign), seems to be extraneous to the composition, but then I could be simplifying things too much and departing from your vision of what's needed. Doing so, puts more attention to the lone figure and its reflection.

Asher

The thing is I quite like the doors to the left, although I can see the composition issue you raise. Thanks, I'll give it a thought.

Asher Kelman

Well, I was quite surprised to see extent of conversation this little travel memento sparked!

Maggie, thank you so much for your nice feedback! I had pretty much the ideas in my head when taking this picture. As usual, I had to shoot from the hip. During the two or so seconds needed to point and shoot this the rest of the family walked a few hundred meters, very very anxious for me to stop shooting, lol!

The thing is I quite like the doors to the left, although I can see the composition issue you raise. Thanks, I'll give it a thought.

Chris,

I wanted to hear something like that as it's your intent that counts, of course. Do you have any more of the doors then, a tad to make them easier to receive to the brain?

Magritte sometimes introduces us to his main subject beyond columns and door frames too! So there's high class precedence.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jarmo,

Well, I just came back from seeing the orthopedic surgeon. He feels that my leg pain is due to nerve problems related to my spine. I am scheduled for some injections there in a couple of weeks. We'll see how that does.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Doug

Jarmo Juntunen

Chris,

I wanted to hear something like that as it's your intent that counts, of course. Do you have any more of the doors then, a tad to make them easier to receive to the brain?

Magritte sometimes introduces us to his main subject beyond columns and door frames too! So there's high class precedence.

Asher

No, not really, the scene gets really tangled and messy to the left of the doors, so I felt this was the best composition there. Like I said, there is something about the doors that made me want to keep them.

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi, Jarmo,

Well, I just came back from seeing the orthopedic surgeon. He feels that my leg pain is due to nerve problems related to my spine. I am scheduled for some injections there in a couple of weeks. We'll see how that does.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Doug

Doug, I'm hoping that will do the trick.
All the best, Jarmo