• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
'Twin' suns setting the other night, seen from Heimaey.

sunset-vestmanna.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rajan,

It must have taken a lot of discipline to not show a huge expanse of sky. You did the right thing and that harsh but correct decision cut off a lot of sentimentality and now makes this picture very precise in the motif of the descending sun. Given that I'd ponder on the lower 2/3 of the clouds that are present and I wonder whether they might have some reflection back from the water?

Good job!

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Rajan,

It must have taken a lot of discipline to not show a huge expanse of sky. You did the right thing and that harsh but correct decision cut off a lot of sentimentality and now makes this picture very precise in the motif of the descending sun. Given that I'd ponder on the lower 2/3 of the clouds that are present and I wonder whether they might have some reflection back from the water?

Good job!

Asher

Asher,

You guessed right. There was quite a bit going on in the sky that is not shown and it would have been a distraction. The special thing about this composition was the 'twin' suns and the twin skerries. Had it not been for this, it would have been yet another clichéd sunset shot we suffer every other day.

Last edited: