• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Northern River Otter from the shadow side

Doug Herr

This otter has been hanging around a nearby pond for at least a week, maybe more. Today I tried a few pictures from the shadow side. I like this one:

nrotte15.jpg

All comments welcome.

James Lemon

This otter has been hanging around a nearby pond for at least a week, maybe more. Today I tried a few pictures from the shadow side. I like this one:

nrotte15.jpg

All comments welcome.

Hello Doug

Nice composition and light... well captured!

James

This is a cool shot. The reflection, sharpness and detail of the otter's head, nose and whiskers really stands out against the rest of the frame.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

nrotte15.jpg

All comments welcome.

Doug,

You have stopped time! The otter and its reflection seem locked in a love match. This picture is the reward for patient observation and quiet presence.....and the reach of a good lens!

Asher

Andy brown

Doug, bravo. Exquisite!
I just logged on after more than a week.
First thing I looked at was Wolfgang's timeless metallic sunset, I showed my wife, I said " check this out, this is standard fare on this site, not bad ay!, actually it's a bit better than standard fare, it's a gem" or something like that.
Next image I opened was this one. Again, I said " check this out! Nice huh?"
Needless to say she was impressed!
I'm impressed. If I get one shot like either of these two in my lifetime I'll die happy.