• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is our server running slow today?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I noticed some delays today in some posts and in using "New Posts" or "Today's Posts".

Sometimes a delay of 5-20 seconds at worst.

Other websites seem to load in 3-10 seconds at worst.

Anyone else noticing any slowing?

If so, is this still present?

Thanks,

Asher

Bev Sampson

Asher, I concur, very slow today, more so than I have noticed to date. Also, what's with the double and triple posts. This has happened to a few of the users.

Bev

Don Lashier

I've had problems for the last several days, but more severely today with page loads often timing out. Doing a tracert there seems to be problems with level3 peering in San Jose. I get there in 30ms or less but then it jumps to 200ms to 500ms and sometimes times out.

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some heavy traffic today. We're looking into this at a higher level.

Let me know in the am if there forum is slow.

Asher

Don Lashier

Bev Sampson said:
Asher, I concur, very slow today, more so than I have noticed to date. Also, what's with the double and triple posts. This has happened to a few of the users.
I suspect this is because the post times out from the user's viewpoint so they click submit again. I'm surprised the forum software isn't smart enough to recognize this. It should carry a unique ID and ignore (or simply update) dups.

afa the base issue - it'll probably clear up in a day or two if it hasn't already. Probably an interface that went out, no spare and awaiting replacement.

- DL

Last edited: