• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ok, I need to vent a little

Hi Rachel,

Forum administrators and moderators have a heavy duty load, don't they? Waiting beyond every click of a mouse is a gem, a pebble, a gem masquerading as a pebble, or a pebble masquerading as a gem. I cannot imagine how anyone can deal with this sort of thing day after day without becoming jaded to one extent or another.

Fortunately, we members, senior or otherwise, can simply take a vacation without any consequence whatsoever when it seems a good idea to do so. Lucky us, eh?

Tom

fahim mohammed

Hey Rachel,

an old joke.....

A group of people were shipwrecked on a not yet discovered group of islands.

two italian men and one italian women
two bulgarian men and one bulgarian woman
two english men and one english woman
two german men and one german woman
two greek men and one greek women

after one year on these islets this is what happened..

One italian man killed the other and took the woman
the two bulgarian men looked at the woman and started swimming
the two english men were waiting to be introduced to the woman
the two german men had worked out a clockwork schedule to share the woman
the two greek men got it together and had the woman cook for them

I was told to document all this with my two cameras and one roll of film!

Rachel Foster

Actually, Ken, I was referring to OPF. Asher devotes a lot of time to this forum. I understand that our egos get invested, but it's Asher's show. If we don't like the way things are done, we can take a hike. I get frustrated with the umbrage, the complaints, the general discontent. I wouldn't do things the same way as Asher, but hey, it's not my forum, *I* don't put the time and energy into it he does and if I don't like it, tough!

This is somewhat related to the topic John recently raised. His focus was how much Asher gives us while his images generate little comment in return. My beef is how Asher's decisions are questioned and challenged so cavalierly. Asher isn't perfect but he deserves more consideration and fewer complaints.

That's all. I just needed to voice some frustration.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rachel,

Asher isn't perfect but he deserves more consideration and fewer complaints.
I'm enormously grateful for what Asher has done, and continues to do, for us and the entire photographic community. He triangulates on things from so many vantage points, and tells us wonderful stories. We can all learn so much, not just from him, but from the entire body, under his stimulation.

But even his great works do not warrant conferring on him diplomatic immunity, or Papaloid infallibility. Such would actually be quite contrary to the intellectual principles I'm sure he aspires to for this body, more even that do we. I think we demean Asher by suggesting that he needs such, and we demean ourselves by thinking that we owe it.

Of course we owe Asher, and ourselves, and president Obama, and the editor of The Weatherford Democrat, and Drew Strickland, courtesy, civility, and thoughtfulness - and by the latter I do not mean "empathy" or politesse (although those are good too). I hope that does not require a fatwa to enact.

If he says something I don't understand, or don't agree with, I may well comment on it.

And if some notion being floated here unfolds into something I think is silly, I'll say so.

Asher, we love you, but you don't spell worth a damn. Et le crayon rouge, ici, ne dort jamais.

Please keep it up.

Best regards,

Doug

Rachel Foster

Doug, good point but that is not what I meant. I'm talking about whining for the sake of whining, complaints for the sake of hearing one's own...font?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rachel,
Doug, good point but that is not what I meant. I'm talking about whining for the sake of whining, complaints for the sake of hearing one's own...font?
Nice metaphor.

And I thought that message was really appropriate. But perhaps you should have quit while you were ahead.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Also, on another islets there were

two america men and an american woman

and

the american men committed suicide

after seeing and recording all this

what did i do....

i threw the cameras and film

went over, and introduced myself to the english woman.