• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Babli

Prateek Dubey

32476.jpg

Prateek Dubey: Babli

This little girl was pulled out from her little home by her father to have her picture taken. After repeated attempts to relax her, I just took the photo. I thinks tells a lot about her personality. Must be an obedient student too..

Doug Kerr

Hi, Prateek,

This little girl was pulled out from her little home by her father to have her picture taken. After repeated attempts to relax her, I just took the photo. I thinks tells a lot about her personality. Must be an obedient student too..
Lovely.

I think the background separation via DoF is just right.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
32476.jpg

Prateek Dubey: Babli

Prateek,

This picture really has atmosphere and one can feel the concentrated obedience to her father to do his will here! You choice of centering here works so well in having domination of her placement. That continues and enhances the spirit of the moment. The clarity of her face and clothes compared to the soft b.g. is a good example of the value of allocation of importance using photographic techniques.

This picture can be a learning image for newbies and a treat for even the most experienced photographer. Thanks for bring us to this place so vividly.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Prateek

This picture catches my eye - I'm not even going to attempt to critique, as there is no need, but I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. The little girl doing what is rquired of her is enough.

MIke

John Angulat

pro member
Prateek,
For me, this image has a haunting quality to it.
Disturbing, as it make me feel sad for her, yet I'm drawn back to view it over and over.
Thank you for sharing it.

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,

This picture really has atmosphere and one can feel the concentrated obedience to her father to do his will here! You choice of centering here works so well in having domination of her placement. That continues and enhances the spirit of the moment. The clarity of her face and clothes compared to the soft b.g. is a good example of the value of allocation of importance using photographic techniques.

This picture can be a learning image for newbies and a treat for even the most experienced photographer. Thanks for bring us to this place so vividly.

Asher

Hello Asher,
Thank you so much. How a simple moment can affect so much. The quality and the relationship of the subject with its surrounding moved me the most. Even though she's in a large area, she looks very reserved and non communicative. I think indicative of how her parents are bringing her up and on the other hand her father literally forces her to participate in a photo shoot..

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,
Disturbing, as it make me feel sad for her, yet I'm drawn back to view it over and over.

Hello John,
Yes this picture is disturbing. Little children are much happier but she is an exception. Too shy and reserved. I hope life treats her well later...

Asher Kelman

Hello Asher,
Thank you so much. How a simple moment can affect so much. The quality and the relationship of the subject with its surrounding moved me the most. Even though she's in a large area, she looks very reserved and non communicative. I think indicative of how her parents are bringing her up and on the other hand her father literally forces her to participate in a photo shoot..

Prateek,

In cases like this, do you manage to get them a picture? I find myself failing too often?

Asher

Prateek,

Indeed, it has the same effect on me. The frozen obedient pose, one sandal, the distance, the composition, they all add up to something somewhat unsettling. Great image because it invokes emotions, but it's not a simple effect.

Cheers,
Bart

Damien Paul

Indeed, it has the same effect on me. The frozen obedient pose, one sandal, the distance, the composition, they all add up to something somewhat unsettling. Great image because it invokes emotions, but it's not a simple effect.

Cheers,
Bart

I like the picture for the feeling that emerge from viewing it. I get a feeling that this little girl would do anything for her father, even something that she might feel very shy about.

Asher Kelman

Hello Asher,
No, I don't get to. I did give some pictures to a few people but most just feel happy looking at the photos on the camera LCD.

I sometimes feel guilty taking pictures of poor folk and never giving them prints. I often resolve to change my ways, but rarely do we return. I'd like a small portable printer to give at least something. Maybe an instant camera would be a good idea.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hi Prateek, very simple photo, and vey meaningful as well. She inspires me mixed feelings, she looks so cute but also a little sad.

I sometimes feel guilty taking pictures of poor folk and never giving them prints. I often resolve to change my ways, but rarely do we return. I'd like a small portable printer to give at least something. Maybe an instant camera would be a good idea.

Asher

Asher, I ask them for an email and very often I get to send them the pic.

Asher Kelman

Hi Prateek, very simple photo, and vey meaningful as well. She inspires me mixed feelings, she looks so cute but also a little sad.

Asher, I ask them for an email and very often I get to send them the pic.

Here one can't do that most likely!

Asher