• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The hole will be deleted

Michael Fontana

pro member
Just got that message from PS.

Well, untill now, I thought, one might fill a hole; but to delete one, that's new to me, kinda metaphysics.

And what did PS wantet to tell me with that alert?

I did nothing special, I'm innocent, your honour ;-) just handling rather big files.

LWG.jpg

Well, untill now, I thought, one might fill a hole; but to delete one, that's new to me, kinda metaphysics.

Which PS version was it, and are you sure it was from PS? I've never experienced such a message with CS2 or earlier (PS 4 was my earliest version I think). I've only recently upgraded to CS3 and have not yet seen it there either. So beyond speculating (which I won't do), I'm as puzzled as you are.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

And what did PS wantet to tell me with that alert?

I did nothing special, I'm innocent, your honour ;-) just handling rather big files.

LWG.jpg

I've had that message too in English! I was frightened that the image was now being destroyed. Like the bomb will now detonate in 3.7 seconds!

This has happenned in PS 7.0 and either CS or CS 2, I can't remember which.

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
This was appearing in PS-CS-2, on a PPC-Quad & 10.4.

Yep , I'm sure that the message is within PS; as far as I could find informations, it happens, if one has some rather big files open in PS, meanwhile I was stitching. My guesses go into the same directions as, Bart; some memory alerts. Ironically the action can be stopped, without any problems.

I don't think its a scratch-question, as the actual 100 GB for PS-only-scratch is enough, even for big files, > 6 GB....
but the big files in question were about 3 x 500 MBs.