• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How OPF has changed my photography....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I was just back from a nice dinner with friends and was telling them about some of the path my photography has taken. I have worked so hard the last 6 years on perfecting (which I am a very long way from) my abilities.

When I started here, a while back, I had done no photoshop - at all. Never done any work with strobes or studio lighting. My lens collection was far more limited. I never thought about having a studio or even becoming a pro.

Boy have things changed. I have chatted with people from all over the world and made friends locally here at OPF. The local boys, Asher, Will Thompson, and Nik have all spent time with me, either helping me perfect my shooting, lighting or technical skills. Today, I chatted lighting with Will and Nik and I spent 3 hours going over some photoshop on some of my images that needed help beyond my skills. What a blessing.

Even, next year I have a date with Cem in Brussels and he gave me some great information about being in Istanbul earlier this year. Nicolas was helpful with some information about Nice, France. Nicolas, I hope to have some good Boat shots to share from Monte Carlo in a few weeks.

So much I would not have tried or tackled. Even if I am not posting and I am just absorbing here from all of you. So, Nil, I am sports shooting next week ...some inspired from what I have seen here.

So, what have you dared to do or try because of OPF - how has being here changed your photography?

Ivan Garcia

Kathy.
I, like you, have learnt an awful lot from the OPF community.
Like you, my skills have become more advanced that I ever hoped for. There is so many people I like to thank for that, Don Lashier helped me understand Masking, Asher Kelman introduced me to the arc of intent, Ray West helped me with my focusing technique, Nicolas Claris helped me regain my confidence after being turned down for a Bachelors degree place in university, and convinced me to go pro, he shared some brilliant ideas as to how to market myself, and I am as I write this in the pre-selection process, for an upcoming exhibition.
Mike Spinak, Don Cohen, will Thompson, Michael Fontana, Nikolai Sklobovky, Bart Van der Wolf, Sean DeMerchan, Jack Flesher, Kris Carnmarker, All of these people have at one point or another helped me in my journey, Their generous and Knowledgeable advice have changed my live.
My most sincere thank you to all of you.