• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Makeup

Hi,

Here the idea is parallel between the makeup of the woman and the makeup of a picture... or how when a woman washes her makeup in the night, all becomes desaturated.

62e1b1826324f65597062be0632f3c6.jpg

"Makeup" - Cedric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 1.8/50
Raw files processed in C1 Pro and PS CS3

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cedric
sorry, maybe it's Sunday afternoon brain lazzyness, but I don't get the parallel between the makeup of the woman and the makeup of a picture…
Can you explain further? Thanks!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

Here the idea is parallel between the makeup of the woman and the makeup of a picture... or how when a woman washes her makeup in the night, all becomes desaturated.

62e1b1826324f65597062be0632f3c6.jpg

"Makeup" - Cedric Massoulier

Nicolas,

Cedric, of course has to present his parallel. I can just provide for those whose use of English is not as fluent as ours, something of what "makeup" might mean.

Makeup here, prepares the woman for the outside world. It's a mask to be put on in the morning and removed at night before sleep. When waking up, a woman is born, unmasked. She has to face her self in the mirror. So it's a time of truthfulness. At night it's a reluctant return to that state as the skin is asked to recover and breath free again.

Makeup?

Makeup time: when one went to the dentist in the morning and stays later so as to not have wages cut!

Makeup sex: Great! After an big argument or a separation! Worth fighting for!

Makup makeup: you know the layer of powder and paint that hides with a layer of more attractive design.

Makeup of a committee/community: the distribution of elements of the stakeholders, talent, experience of those who lead and give and those who take and consume.

Makeup of a work of art: Elements of physical composition of arrangement, materials and references to what we know, suspect and might imagine.

These are just some of my ideas. There's certainly a lot of richness to reference in the sight of removal of makeup and revealing one's true self in the mirror. In the construction of the picture, the photographer reveals the face of the model so there is an unidentified woman on the right and a woman going back to her identity on the left.

Asher

Last edited: