• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New cool search engine

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I hope she changes her outfit and conversation each day to make her even more interesting!

Just keep watching and she eventually taps on your screen. It is unreal!

We should do this for OPF, LOL!

Asher

Diane Fields

Asher Kelman said:
I hope she changes her outfit and conversation each day to make her even more interesting!

Just keep watching and she eventually taps on your screen. It is unreal!

We should do this for OPF, LOL!

Asher

CGI at its best (?) LOL. I had seen that discussed somewhere a couple of weeks ago and tried it. Don't you feel as though she's going to reach out and grab you by the collar???
Not something I could deal with long, but it certainly got attention.

Diane

Don Lashier

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
I know what question have asked... Apparently, I asked the same:)
I had better luck - no calling the cops on me! First she asked "why", and when I said "cause you're sexy", she said if I would climb into the computer I could do whatever I wanted with her. :)

I think there's a little bit of Liza in there. Remember Liza (passed the Turing test)?

- DL

Don Lashier

Steve Fines said:
Did eliza ever actually pass the Turing test? I didn't remember that.
Apparantly not. No formal attempt at testing was even made until Loebner in the 90's, which still has not had a winner. http://www.psych.utoronto.ca/~reingold/courses/ai/turing.html
But I suppose it's a subjective judgment - Eliza certainly seemed remarkable in the 60's. After reading an article in a computer journal I wrote a simple Eliza in Lisp in less than half an hour and even with a very limited database it was very convincing for the first few minutes until it started to get repetitive.

- DL

Dave New

You can still run Eliza, just download the NTEmacs, and you will find a command to run it in Emacs -- it's written in elisp (the Emacs dialect of Lisp), I believe. Emacs also does the Towers of Hanoi (ring-stacking) puzzle and others. For a programmer's text editor, it certainly earns the 'kitchen sink' icon!

N.B.: I'm an old Emacs user from way back -- for many years, it was my programmer's editor of choice on Sun and Linux machines.