• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom synchronized on different Windows XP machines (maybe Mac OS X too)

dandill

cornerstone of how I use computers is to have duplicate, synchronized
machines in different locations, as a precaution problems with one machine through off site hot spare redundancy.

Here are details of how I have been able to incorporate Lightroom in this approach, that is, to have the same Lightroom working environment on different Windows XP machines.

http://quantum.bu.edu/blog/2007/02/adobe-lightroom-synchronized-on.html

In this way I am able me to work with files on one machine, synchronize images and Lightroom settings onto a second machine, and then continue working on the second machine where I left off on the first machine.

Perhaps the same approach can be adapted to Mac OS X.

I surely hope this is helpful, and I'd be grateful for any suggestions for improvements or cautions/gotchas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Silken

pro member
Neat solution!

What I am trying to figure out is how to export email size previews or web galleries or slideshows from offline files? Basically, I want to have my main LR database and all raw files on my desktop and be able to simply copy the database and previews to my laptop so I could submit digital proofs to a client while I'm on the road. Why can't I extract all these beautiful previews that I've taken the time to render (which I've previously taken the time to embed in my DNGs)?