• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A watershed print

Jim Galli

15SeriesIapples.jpg

apples

You may be saying 'huh?" I'm probably asking too much of a 98 kb .jpg. Held in my hands this is a print I keep going back to over and over. It has power in it's understatement. The surface of the Kodak Azo E #1 double weight plays with the light to make it look like a rennaissance pencil still life. Old habits are hard if not impossible to break. Ansel taught us that we had to have a range from 0 to 100 blacks and whites in every print. 'taint so.

Mike Shimwell

Hi Jim

I'm sure the jpg doesn't do it justice. The tonality is lovely and you're right you don't have to go from black to white to make a fine image:)

Mike