• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fire Drill

Robert Watcher

20160705_PEM10390-Edit.jpg

20160705_PEM10421-Edit.jpg

20160705_PEM10511-Edit.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

All lovely shots in so many ways!

As you might expect, I especially liked the one of the control panel.

Does this engine have a control panel on both sides? I recall when that was unusual (I recall that at one time the D.C. Fire Department had only one engine with a control panel on both sides.)

I think that in those days the main suction inlet was often on the control panel, I think not so for the engine you show.

Thanks again for these beautiful pictures.

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

Hi, Robert,

Does this engine have a control panel on both sides? I recall when that was unusual (I recall that at one time the D.C. Fire Department had only one engine with a control panel on both sides.)

I think that in those days the main suction inlet was often on the control panel, I think not so for the engine you show.

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks Doug. I can't answer your questions for you - sorry. I don't know anything about fire trucks or have an interest that way. Just photographing an interesting and accessible scenario.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Waiting to get an interesting intersection of water streams:

cs.jpg

This, Rob, in itself is already so interesting.

I like the idea of this as a poster. It provides for endless musing.

Thanks for the firemen's work and bravery we do not tend to burn our entire neighborhoods down so readily!

Asher

Dave Butcher

Hi, Robert,

Best regards,

Doug

From the looks of the pump panel it is on the Engineers side and there are a few intakes and out flows on officer side of the rig, and I have to agree with Doug great set of photos.