• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cover girl Carla

Doug Kerr

We were thrilled to learn that Carla is the cover girl for the winter, 2014 issue of red hatter matters, the print magazine of The Red Hat Society.

RHM_2014Q4_cover-S800.jpg

Doug Carraway/The Red Hat Society​

She had no hint until the issue came out.

(This is the cover as it appears in the online version.)

As many of you know, the Red Hat Society is an international social order for women over 50 (although it does have a class of membership for those who are not yet of that age).

If you wonder why Carla is not wearing a red hat in the picture, it is because it was taken at this year's international convention, in August, 2014, and in their birthday month, Red Hatters wear a red outfit and purple hat (the reverse of the normal color scheme for their regalia).

This magazine is distributed (in paper) to about 80,000 members world-wide.

I'm always proud of this extraordinary woman, but especially so today because of this recognition.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We were thrilled to learn that Carla is the cover girl for the winter, 2014 issue of red hatter matters, the print magazine of The Red Hat Society.

She had no hint until the issue came out.

(This is the cover as it appears in the online version.)

As many of you know, the Red Hat Society is an international social order for women over 50 (although it does have a class of membership for those who are not yet of that age).

If you wonder why Carla is not wearing a red hat in the picture, it is because it was taken at this year's international convention, in August, 2014, and in their birthday month, Red Hatters wear a red outfit and purple hat (the reverse of the normal color scheme for their regalia).

This magazine is distributed (in paper) to about 80,000 members world-wide.

I'm always proud of this extraordinary woman, but especially so today because of this recognition.

RHM_2014Q4_cover-S800.jpg

Doug Carraway/The Red Hat Society​

Doug,

Who is the Doug Caraway fellow?

I love the picture and the effects behind it. I'm so impressed by the graphic work for the front cover!

Carla is one of those people that lights up a room and makes sure everyone is well looked after! We're proud to have Carla as a friend through you and wish both of you a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year in 2015 to continue on your every surprising celebration and growth through one another!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Who is the Doug Caraway fellow?

He is a commercial photographer (out of Orange County, I think) who does the official work for The Red Hat Society at their conventions (and maybe beyond that as well). A nice fellow and very capable.

I love the picture and the effects behind it. I'm so impressed by the graphic work for the front cover!

Yes. I don't know who does the production work.

In Carla's last "job" (before the full-time job of taking care of me), she worked for a large international professional organization, and her boss among other things was responsible for their own glossy magazine, all done in house (by a staff of about three).

Carla is one of those people that lights up a room and makes sure everyone is well looked after! We're proud to have Carla as a friend through you and wish both of you a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year in 2015 to continue on your every surprising celebration and growth through one another!

Thank you so much.

We went up to our favorite Mexican restaurant (Casa de Sueños in Tularosa, about 15 miles north), to celebrate, and while I was paying the bill, Carla got a call from the director of a "play" to be produced here in Alamogordo in early February. We had both read for it in a casting call last Sunday. She offered both of us parts in it.

I say "play" in quotes as it is not so much a "play" as a "performance" (actually very parallel to and complementary with The Vagina Monologues, which Carla was in last year). I'll give a further explanation of that shortly.

So, we keep on keepin' on.

Thanks again for your good wishes.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and best wishes for any other relevant holidays.

Best regards,

Doug

Congratulations to Carla! What a great picture of her; she exudes joy!

Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year to you both,
:)
Maggie

Jamie White

This is a great picture, she really shines and looks like the kind of person I'd want to meet and talk to :) I feel cheered up just looking at her.