• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Young man working on Vespa bikes

Antonio Correia

When I stopped at the traffic lights I spoted this young man - who will be tomorrow, the 26th July 2008, 31 years old - I know him since he was a young child.
I yelled at him and asked if I could make some shots of his activity in the garage where he works on restoration of Vespa models.
I arranged a meeting with him for 5 o'clock and drag some of my stuff with me.
This time and as usual, I took the 5D + 16-35 + 24-70 + ST-E2 + flashes + supports for them + plastic reflector (some 80/80 cm * 2).

Here are the photos I shot of him, or some of them.
I had a success rate of about 10-15 % which is very good I think.
Without hesitation I threw away (erased) all the picture not tack sharp and those where I simply failed or the flashes were to blame because they were lazy asking for holidays not working when I asked two shots in a row.
This time I applied some different "treatments" HDR like, to some pics simply working on Lightroom.
Comments please. Thank you people !
338618012_J5vns-L.jpg
-
338617143_YtTBA-L.jpg
-
338615920_Sgc7f-L.jpg
-
338616547_aN3Pc-L.jpg

Antonio Correia

I have re-worked one of these pictures giving it a nice mood.
What do you think ?
Is it better than black and white ? Or just different ?

This work on the picture is done with LR and one of it's presets. Some adjustments were made later on inside the same program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
338617143_YtTBA-L.jpg
-
338617143_YtTBA-L_AK.jpg

© Antonio Correia "The Vespa Repairman" color and B&W (ADK edits)

Antonio,

This is your first picture in B&W as I suggested. Your tonality would be even better perhaps.

Asher

Antonio Correia

-
© Antonio Correia "The Vespa Repairman" color and B&W (ADK edits)
Antonio, This is your first picture in B&W as I suggested. Your tonality would be even better perhaps. Asher

Yes Asher. Perhaps. You are right. May be both are a nice way to show him working on the Vespas ... :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have re-worked one of these pictures giving it a nice mood.
What do you think ?
Is it better than black and white ? Or just different ?

This work on the picture is done with LR and one of it's presets. Some adjustments were made later on inside the same program.

This picture, Antonio, is more to the subject. The framing through the Vespa is fine and clever but this is to me at least, more powerful.

Asher