• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Yungas road

I went away on the weekend for a short trip ... some more images to come...

n668172083_1559960_4231.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Leonardo,

That would make a good picture for the cover of the book on the journey you are now to illustrate for us! So what follows better be at least as good. I like the idea that we are almost in the sky and amongst the clouds. In a print, you'd be careful to bring out detailed blacks on the left bank and protect the clouds and you have a wonderful sepia image.

Asher

Asher,

The image if full color, but came out sepia ... I worked hard to get the latitude from deep shadows to detail in the clouds, --I was standing in middle road when I took the image, and the LCD was barely visible, so I couldn't chimp to check for histograms or do a bracketing -- (I have to read the bracketing chapter in my D300 manual)

I don't know if I have a lot of more images, so can't promise. I SAW one really good one, but it was the time I left my camera in the hotel since it was late and had rained ... but I will keep you posted...

test-2.jpg

This is another version of it that needs some work on -on the border of the mountain-, and I have played with the "Motion Blur" filter...

The color is impossibly different here than what I see on my computer, don't know if it is the profiles or what. It really comes out with only one shade of green ... strange ....

OHH, NO, Wait (capitals DO mean that I'm shouting in my head) I just opened the page on SAFARI and the colors are not bad at all... so please, don't see this with FIREFOX ... unless there is a way to set colors ...