• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Paris

Rachel Foster

I'm trying to find a way to visit Paris this summer with my nephew. I know we have some French photographers...but is anyone near Paris?

Cem_Usakligil

Cedric is in Paris. My driving distance is 3.5 hours. If the timing is right, we could try to drive down there but I can't promise anything right now :)

NC Iphone

Hi Rachel
Bordeaux is only 3 hours from Paris whith high speed train but dummer is my busiedt period...
So, as Cem, wait and see :)
kind regards

I am currently in Strasbourg on the German border, so it is a bit off your intended itinerary. You should absolutely add as many days as possible to your trip, photography on a organized tour is somewhat restricted, and even if you are not there to take pictures, you won't be bored.

Christoph

Rachel Foster

He's 29, but I want it to be a terrific trip for him. Tours are far more affordable. My order of preference is France, Spain, Italy, and UK. (I've been twice to both UK and Italy. Loved both but would like something new.) His order of preference is UK, Italy, Spain and France. So, we shall see.

"Problem" is that you have hundreds of nice places to visit in France ;)
Paris is indeed a good place to begin the trip, but after you have an infinity of choices...
South of France is great too (Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Nîmes...).

Rachel Foster

It's official..I will be in France between May 14 and May 21. It's a tour, which means I won't have a lot of flexibility, but I'm excited anyway.

I need recommendations about what photo equipment to take. Carry-on luggage is restricted and health issues dictate that I be very judicious in my choices. What I have to choose from is the Canon 5dII, 24-105 IS, 70-200 (not IS), 100mm macro,and 50 mm f/1.8. I'd love to pick up a 10-20 wide angle, but that isn't going to happen. What do you all recommend?

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Rachel

I agree with Wendy, definitely the 24-105, I take it everywhere I go and it seems to end up staying on the camera nearly all the time, with the fast ISO capability of the 5DII I don't think there would be much point in taking the 50mm as well as it's already covered within the range of the 24-105, depends how much stuff you want to carry.....