• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How Kids Disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ErikJonas

Banned
This happened yesterday and i'm still livid about it!!!!....I was driving back from a shoot with my new model...A road near home thats VERY busy with next to no shoulder...Two little kids walking down it to the store...I slowed down as i passed them and said to the new model where are the parents!!! These kids were like 6 and 4....She showed me where the parents lived saying they let thier kids run about...

I did a u turn and went back to the house...Down the gravel drive way the dad comes out i said yeah you have two lil girls?...He said yes...I said yeah they are walking down the road unattended...He said "thanks they are going to the store for something to eat"....DUH jackass i slowed down for going by them....I didnt say that but wanted to...Their were kids around...You dont cal a man out in front of kids thats not right...

This is how kids disappear!!!!!...I got back in the car i was livid i said every swear in the book as i left down the drive way....I was not far from home and live by a Sherrif...Luckly a on duty officer was there talking to him..I told the officer about the little kids and he shook his head and went right to his patrol car to go to the store.....

WHAT IDIOT PARENTS.....This,in America, is how kids disappear because we dont have the death penaly for those who do harm to kids....I just could not believe that in this day and age when its on record kids getting snatched right out of busy markets that you have a PARENT that allows two little girls to walk a BUSY road (dangerous alone) alone to a store...There are like 3 level 3 sex offenders near this area.......I want to beat the crap out of this guy!!!!!!!

I'm calling CPS on him....Might do nothing....Do you just wait till you see them on the local news as missing????????......ANGER....Thats what i feel still today.....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Erik,

Years back, we had a call from the school principal to stop bringing our kids by car as they should be able to walk to school the few miles and get good exercise and independence! They arranged for a little girl, about 9 to pick up our kids on her way to school. She lived a mile further back. We have to have balance in our lives.

That was in Iowa city and sex predators were always present for sure, but one couldn't look them up as you obviously can right now.

You seem to be tied up with social issues and have missed Prateek's pics of Indian folk festivals, here, here, here or http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11141; impressive pictures with the Rollei 6008 by Graham Mitchell, here and even my own portraits here.

We need to pay attention to the main purpose here and that is photography. This reminder applies to all of us equally! If we are not going to respond to wonderful pictures, then why are we here?

Erik, As you know I'm direct. I'm challenging you to operate on the level that some of the photographs you've posted previously indicate you might reach. I've taken the jump in faith that your work is indeed worthy of our interest. Great social topics do not replace actual photography or your contribution to understanding the effect of other photographer's work here in this community. I can't accept that. It's the job of the forum to prod each other to reach the promise their work suggests!

Asher