• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Along the Isar at blue hour

Michael Nagel

On the way back home from a concert. Blue hour is always nice...

Lukaskirche:

Isar towards Museumskino (Rocky Horror Picture Show at least once a week since '77):

View towards Deutsches Museum:

Müllersches Volksbad with a little bit of Gasteig (the yellow rectangle to the left):

Bridge close to Deutsches Museum:

Deutsches Museum seen from that bridge:

I was not that impressed by the concert, but the walk back was really nice.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
An inspiring and instructive set of photographs!

Everyone,

I commend this simple set of 6 photographs as a great starting model for a set of pictures to be submitted to a serious art gallery as an example of your work. It shows creativity and focus and a commitment to ideas.

Finally the set does not explain everything, but contains mysteries, allowing us to wander too and then wonder, each from our own perspective of how things fit together in the world.

On the way back home from a concert. Blue hour is always nice...

.................I was not that impressed by the concert, but the walk back was really nice.

Lukaskirche:

Isar towards Museumskino (Rocky Horror Picture Show at least once a week since '77):

View towards Deutsches Museum:

Müllersches Volksbad with a little bit of Gasteig (the yellow rectangle to the left):

Bridge close to Deutsches Museum:

Deutsches Museum seen from that bridge:

Michael,

I must congratulate on having two major unifying, but so simple aspects of otherwise stunning photographs.

• The title, as a start, gives us the location and the promise that we are going on an enchanted journey. That alone is so wonderful as it connects with the major and supreme metaphor in every culture studied: looking at "life", our lives anywhere on this planet, (even if we are born and live and die in the same village), as a journey.

• You provide in addition the color deep blue, (with a very tiny tad of magenta perhaps), dark water holding reflections of orange-yellow lights, as common unifying elements.

....and all this is done by just your own journey of exploration and having trained yourself to see and position your camera's eye to get impressive compositions. Nothing seems like an accident are an artifact.

This is the sort of work that means a lot and I applaud.

I personally will revisit many times and learn from this small but substantial contribution.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thanks. It was somehow coincidence. We left the concert before it ended and it was just the right moment for this light.
The way back to the S-Bahn offered these sights, good that I had the camera with me and a few minutes time...

Best regards.
Michael