• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A special note

Doug Kerr

This note is a special treat for those who are confused, bored, or irritated by articles on technical topics.

Mickey's little hand was pointing straight down when I issued it.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Even your jokes are getting technical.
Where's the treat? Or am I missing something. Maybe its because I'm expecting a formula to pop out of a box.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Even your jokes are getting technical.
Where's the treat? Or am I missing something. Maybe its because I'm expecting a formula to pop out of a box.

Tom, Tom, Tom!!!!

The pleasure of no longer whacking your head on a concrete block is only achieved if you first set up a scheme to first give yourself that pain over a prolonged period until you are about to go mad.

Trouble is that you were not set up. So go back and read The Pumpkin and after 6 hours, come back and read Doug's note!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom, Tom, Tom!!!!

The pleasure of no longer whacking your head on a concrete block is only achieved if you first set up a scheme to first give yourself that pain over a prolonged period until you are about to go mad.

Trouble is that you were not set up. So go back and read The Pumpkin and after 6 hours, come back and read Doug's note!

Asher

I bow down to you, Doug. I would wash your feet in warm water, bring you fine wine and food, allow you to sit in my favourite chair and listen intently to your tales from 'Stitch Formation in Rotary Hook Sewing Machines'.
I have 2 questions:
When do you get the time?
What drives you to this?

I have a grandson who might be interested in this stuff, maybe in a few years. Don't drop off your perch just yet. I may need you to explain a few things to him.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

I bow down to you, Doug.

Well, as my physician said when about to give me a manual prostate exam, "Just try not to fall over."

I would wash your feet in warm water, bring you fine wine and food, allow you to sit in my favourite chair and listen intently to your tales from 'Stitch Formation in Rotary Hook Sewing Machines'.
I have 2 questions:
When do you get the time?
What drives you to this?

Well, as I often say to clients, if I was able to tell you, what would you be able to do with the answer?

I have a grandson who might be interested in this stuff, maybe in a few years. Don't drop off your perch just yet. I may need you to explain a few things to him.

I'll do my best.

Once at a social gathering, where some socio-political topics were being discussed, a fellow, a rabid anti-abortion-in-any-case guy, said, "So, Kerr, are you pro-life?"

I said. "You bet. Life is wonderful. I try and practice it every day".

"Then you favor restriction of abortion?"

"Oh, you're talking about abortion. Why didn't you say so? No, I don't favor restriction of abortion."

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

You will no doubt be totally nonplussed to learn that my article, "The Oliver 23-B Reversible Sulky Plow", has been published in The Small Farmer's Journal.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

You will no doubt be totally nonplussed to learn that my article, "The Oliver 23-B Reversible Sulky Plow", has been published in The Small Farmer's Journal.

Best regards,

Doug

My subscription ran out just after that article. I must resubscribe.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
From my side life looks pretty good as well, Doug. I laugh a lot. That must be a good sign. I read your articles. I don't understand a lot of it but occasionally I pick up something that seems useful or interesting. It's what makes you useful and interesting. I'm the heckler in the crowd.