• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Mementos of Journeys with a Queen!

fahim mohammed

p518417829.jpg

Out of intrest, and curiosity..where I come from most of our names have a meaning.

Rayyan is my grandson, named after my grandfather.

Rayyan is the name of a Gate in Paradise.

My name is derived from the root word for understanding, intelligence, wisdom.

Ayesha is derived from the root word for life, living.

What about yours?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p518417829.jpg

Out of intrest, and curiosity..where I come from most of our names have a meaning.

What about yours?

That face, looking to the light and the future is commanding. I immediately thought of Ayesha.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, commanding or not, when I am baby sitting him; he gets culture on TV. My Kind.

No cartoon networks, dinosaurs, Natgeo wild, animal planet and the like.

Real world lessons..two and a half men. Prepare him for the world outside.

He loves me to baby sit him!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

My first name, Douglas, is a common Scottish name, said to come from the Gaelic dubhglas, meaning "(from the) dark water".

My middle name, Alan, is likely from the Gaelic, meaning "rock".

My family name, Kerr, is a traditional Scottish clan name (often associated with the "borders", the long-disputed territory between England and Scotland). It is generally considered to have originally referred to someone living near a marsh, a wetland overgrown with brush.

The clan has two septs, or "sub-clans"; I am descended from the one whose motto is sero sed serio, "late but in earnest". The motto of the other sept is a Deo lumen, "from God, light".

"Carla" is a feminine form of Carl (or Karl), generally considered to come through the Old German from the Old Norse, where it meant, approximately,"free man", later taken to imply a man of power or strength.

Carla is 1/16 Cherokee, descended from the Wolf Clan. In Cherokee society, members of that clan were the only ones permitted to kill a wolf. Carla says she wished she had known more about her heritage when going to high school in Las Vegas.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Doug, thanks for adding to my knowledge and appreciation of things Scottish and Cherokee.

This is fun and learning.

Regards.

fahim mohammed

stories.

The land of Tigres and Sindbad. Land of the magic carpets and magic lamps..Not Hollywood.

p781828283.jpg

Asher, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Selective sharpner, Color Efex Pro and Viveza used.

Asher Kelman

stories.

The land of Tigres and Sindbad. Land of the magic carpets and magic lamps..Not Hollywood.

Fahim,

If I had the power, authority and influence I'd put Ayesha on the throne of a new Baghdad, ruling wisely over what's now in disorder all the way to Libya. But then I'd also have to make sure she became immortal and that, sadly, I must admit, even I am not able to do.

p781828283.jpg

"A woman of valor, who can find, for she is worth more than rubies! The heart of her husband trusteth her and he shall have no lack of gain."

Asher

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

If I had the power, authority and influence I'd put Ayesha on the throne of a new Baghdad, ruling wisely over what's now in disorder all the way to Libya. But then I'd also have to make sure she became immortal and that, sadly, I must admit, even I am not able to do.

p781828283.jpg

"A woman of valor, who can find, for she is worth more than rubies! The heart of her husband trusteth her and he shall have no lack of gain."

Asher

A very wise saying from your oldest books, Asher. That is why it has such grandeur and truth. But let's keep it to ourselves..things might go to her head!

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

This unique thread celebrates Fahim's love of family. He shows where the joy of meeting other people comes from, a good foundation and warmth at home. That's a richness to be cherished.

Asher

fahim mohammed

This unique thread celebrates Fahim's love of family. He shows where the joy of meeting other people comes from, a good foundation and warmth at home. That's a richness to be cherished.

Asher

Asher had a decision to make.

Fahim posts too much; and all over the place.

Fahim rants a lot. All over the place.

Either ban him or as OPF prefers make him ' inactive '; The other choice was to confine him to some dedicated threads. Its all about control!!

I am grateful to Asher for his wise decision.

fahim mohammed

In Arabic there is a word..' Sillat - ar - Rahm '. Difficult to translate into English.

It relates to family. Immediate and all encompassing. Much deeper than this implies.

Anyway, Ayesha and me are a close knit family. Father/mother/children/grand parents/cousins/uncles/aunties from both sides. Children of children and so on.

My eldest daughter has 7 senior doctors reporting to her. She studied in Europe and North America.

But when Ayesha speaks she and all youngsters fall silent. No voice is raised over Ayesha's. Or mine for that matter.

We discuss. We argue. But no voice is raised over that of our elders.
This is our culture. We are a close knit family. We have been for centuries.

p30892976.jpg

p.s Ayesha is my second removed cousin.

What about yours?

Hi Fahim,

In my direct family it's simple. My parents had the wisdom to name my older brother after both his grandfathers, two first names. That got rid of that dilemma, nobody had to feel left out, or less important than the other! For me, they had their hands free and creatively introduced a new name into the family line. Innovation and progress! I am unique!

I suppose my name could be seen as a short version of a biblical name, Bartholomew, but that isn't my name, it's just Bart.

Cheers,
Bart

fahim mohammed

Bart, of course you are unique. We all are.

More than by name, people shall remember us by the impression/s we have left on them by our actions.

I am positive, people shall remember you as a decent human being.

For myself, that would be more than I wish for.

Regards.

fahim mohammed

How time flies..

Snapshots are what the majority of us cherish.

They are our memories. Priceless. They form a history of our lives.

p388063099.jpg

The one on your left is leaving DC shortly for home. He was attending a specialized medical training session
there. He has chosen Asher's field of medicine.

The one on your right is in 4th year medical college.

fahim mohammed

My tribute to women all around the world..

' Women are your dress and honor, you are their dress and honor. Wear the dress with dignity,
guard the honor with courage. You are commanded thus
..'

The respect that I have for women is a religious edict. It is the same respect I have for my mother,
my wife, and my daughters.

I can only pay tribute to all the women, their dignity, their grace, their beauty, their courage and their
sacrifice through one of my own.

p1073104684.jpg

p785489120.jpg

p862242240-5.jpg
[/CENTER]

Thank you for being our mothers, our sisters, our daughters and our companions through sickness
and health. For your courage and your patience.