• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Faces of a Vanishing World

Hi folks,

Here's some info on a great initiative by a talented young photographer and Photoshop wizard, Joey Lawrence:

Because the URL doesn't seem robust to stand the test of time, I'd like to point your attention to this link while it lasts.

Otherwise one might search for the title of this thread on vimeo.com, or here.

While clever from a commercial standpoint, it is also a nice gesture to the subjects that were nice enough to pose for him.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bart,

You recommendation is helpful. I would normally have been a little cynical as he doesn't state what "portion" of the $20 or $25 goes to the charity project. Maybe I missed it. I'm fascinated that he goes back to the tribal area to show/give them the large pictures they contributed towards. So many native folk are photographed and only rarely do they get to see the result.

Thanks!

Asher

Bart,

You recommendation is helpful. I would normally have been a little cynical as he doesn't state what "portion" of the $20 or $25 goes to the charity project. Maybe I missed it. I'm fascinated that he goes back to the tribal area to show/give them the large pictures they contributed towards. So many native folk are photographed and only rarely do they get to see the result.

Thanks!

Asher

Hi Asher,

I don't think he is donating any money (maybe he does, but doesn't mention it), that's why I called it clever. He has shown his respect for the tribes by going back and displaying their large format portraits. It must have been a rare experience for them, apparently it made their day.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bart,

He does say that a portion of the price paid for the DVD or download goes to the charity that supports the tribe. I couldn't fgure why he doesn't give the percentage! BTW, didn't we recently discuss another fellow who has similar expos?

Asher