• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mullismist

Mark Hampton

Hi,

back from mull .. a bit of a break and some research on a couple of new works I am thinking around....

thought I would pop on and just share a picture ...

20120730_1156.jpg

Glass.Liquid.Hill - Deka

thanks for stopping in.

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I must admit, Mark, I was surpassed by the name mullimismist. I can't see how the word was built, but it does come from the Isle of Mull on the East of Scotland in the northern British Isles.

what on earth would a mullismism be? I guess some sort of saying, proverb or custom for the people of the Isle. If that's true, then a mullismismist would be a scholar or practitioner of these customs.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

back from mull .. a bit of a break and some research on a couple of new works I am thinking around....

20120730_1156.jpg

Glass.Liquid.Hill - Deka​

Mark,

This picture frames an inner story that one attempts to read in the reflection. Is it a person or the reflection of a painting of a person in the background.

Asher

Mark Hampton

I must admit, Mark, I was surpassed by the name mullimismist. I can't see how the word was built, but it does come from the Isle of Mull on the East of Scotland in the northern British Isles.

what on earth would a mullismism be? I guess some sort of saying, proverb or custom for the people of the Isle. If that's true, then a mullismismist would be a scholar or practitioner of these customs.

Asher

Asher,

Mullismist - could be a follower of the things / attitudes / practices that are done on Mull.

its not a super serial* proposition - just a bit of a play.

cheers

* think al gore in southpark - manbearpig episode

Mark Hampton

Hi,

20120730_1156.jpg

Glass.Liquid.Hill - Deka​

Mark,

This picture frames an inner story that one attempts to read in the reflection. Is it a person or the reflection of a painting of a person in the background.

Asher

Asher,

my wife blocks the light of the refection on the glass from another window - beyond the window - a divided landscape - in terms of usage and ownership.

cheers

Sam Hames

20120803_1437.jpg

[ hill. survey.8 ] - Deka

mull has rocks and green bits. what does a rock do when they want some time alone?

What does it do after its fallen though? Bit hard to get back up... Maybe it doesn't seem too long for its friends to follow it.

Seems to be a meditative kind of place if you're thinking about rocks with friends?

Mark Hampton

What does it do after its fallen though? Bit hard to get back up... Maybe it doesn't seem too long for its friends to follow it.

Seems to be a meditative kind of place if you're thinking about rocks with friends?

Sam,

it may have jumped or been pushed....

20120728_1209.jpg

our.small.fears - Deka

mull is a a state of mind sam....

i have no idea what that means - but the dots work !

thanks for stopping by.

oh this is summer btw

cheers