• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Working Shadow

Robert Watcher

Standing on a large mass of rock, I noticed my shadow in the photograph I was taking, and took the shot anyway. I then zoomed in and noticed how well composed the shadow was in the frame - - - without my having to make one change. Here is the final closeup photograph along with the overview that includes the shadow. Tell me what you think.

20130304-165224.jpg

20130304-165253.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tell me what you think.

20130304-165253.jpg

[/QUOTE

Robert,

It could be that I'd have fallen for the first picture had it been among peers with similar tone values and analogous motif. However, next to this original wide angle picture, it's hard to compete. This original view is so more vital, alive and enjoyable, inviting us to explore. There's a narrative there that we'll conjure up with out own imagination.

The first picture, on it's own, or else with siblings, I'd look at in a whole new way.

Asher