• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking up

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I had a bit of vertigo looking at those Michael. They are interesting enough. Not dissimilar to 'up skirting' if you have an imagination like mine. My mind wanders to 'Breakfast of Champions' and firemen.
They might be a bit bland for a series as you have suggested. Not much to hold the viewer past the first one. They also seem a bit disjointed, like you might have just found these in your files and threw them together without much thought other than they are from the ground up.
Certainly not strong enough to hold my interest and I'm a sucker for pretty much anything.

How do you see it as a series?

Hi Michael,

It's a nice theme. I don't think it's necessarily a series, since they are not really connected, except for the theme.

I also like looking up from time to time (I've posted it earlier, but you've made me want to revisit it with my current post-processing preferences, will have to see how it turns out when I dig it up from the archives):

109_0967_IPRL.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

Martin Stephens

The one titled "bogen" has some dynamism and interest. The others fall into a cliched field of non-interest with a frozen look of merely a pattern. That makes it wallpaper more than a photograph. The quintessential difference between mere "graphic art" and a "photograph" is that the photograph can tell a story. No story, no photograph - just a graphic. A stray bird, a waving flag, a face in a window, a defect even, a broken window, a weird shadow - something has to be in the subject to suggest a story, else you have nothing but graphic patterns.