• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

100 photos from Rio de Janeiro

Antonio Correia

A Portuguese magazine published 100 photos from Rio Olympic games.

I saw all of them and found this one to be really great. Others are also very good...

i-XWLckSf-XL.jpg

Andy brown

Thanks for the link Antonio.
I loved them all and I'm so impressed by the capacity of the photographers to not seem to miss a single dramatic moment. I'd love to know how many many frames were shot. I couldn't even hazard a guess.

How about the shot of all the photographers together. I wouldn't mind having some of their gear, Thooooouuuusands of dollars worth there.

I have two reactions when I see great shots like these, firstly - great shot, and then I know the excitement when the photographer sees the result on their monitor and knows they've absolutely nailed a winner, when I guess I mean I can imagine it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A Portuguese magazine published 100 photos from Rio Olympic games.

I saw all of them and found this one to be really great. Others are also very good...

i-XWLckSf-XL.jpg

These pictures represent the ""Olympiads" of photography! I am so impressed by the skill and artistry they hav put into these shots. But for sure, there were millions for pictures taken. Each photographer must have taken some 10,000 pictures

How were these pictures selected?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here's a question. Is this extraordinary work just the expected and simple result of taking hundreds of competent professional photographers to an extraordinary event and loaning them the best equipment and allowing them the time and places to plan such wonderful shots and then selecting from each several of the very best.

Or is the selection of especially talented photographers the critical reason for this extraordinary collection?

Asher