Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photography as Art

Photography as Art Original boundary-testing images. Open to comments without moderation. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old November 22nd, 2016, 07:58 AM

Default Once upon a time

Hi

posted it already in the "glimpses of autumn"thread but I want to give it a little more space, as I worked really hard on it ... :-))

Old November 22nd, 2016, 08:16 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Plattner View Post
Hi

posted it already in the "glimpses of autumn"thread but I want to give it a little more space, as I worked really hard on it ... :-))

Wolfgang,

I hesitated to respond to this crafted image as it has so much purposeful symbolism in it and requires some thought and care, or otherwise it could travel far from your intent in its meaning and impact.

This is an instance where, in a museum, there would be a substantial introduction and background to set the frame and context and introduce the symbols here and significance of all we can immediately recognize and what we might otherwise miss.

So here, an introduction and sharing of your concept and approach could help set the stage for our adventure into this new universe.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 25th, 2016, 07:47 AM

Hi Asher,

this is just "learning by doing" ...
The photos were taken in an geologically and culturally old region of Italy, with only about 4km distance.
The "high times" there have passed away, in a way the autumn of history is laying on this region ... so I tried to combine the memorial of a local investigator of the 19th century with the melancholy of the actual autumn there.
Old November 25th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Plattner View Post
Hi Asher, this is just "learning by doing" ... The photos were taken in an geologically and culturally old region of Italy, with only about 4km distance. The "high times" there have passed away, in a way the autumn of history is laying on this region ... so I tried to combine the memorial of a local investigator of the 19th century with the melancholy of the actual autumn there.
Well conceived and executed, Wolfgang !

Working with layers, masks, blending modes etc is quite interesting, isn't it ?

:)
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Old November 25th, 2016, 09:55 AM

Hi Antonio,

yes, it is. I use them a lot for basic works, not for composings, but there is a very interesting potential in them, no doubt :-))
Old November 26th, 2016, 06:16 PM

Fabulous image, Wolfgang!

:-) Maggie