• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Not sure yet where this is going ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
... but my website is finally live!

Opinions are very welcome.
Hello Harold,

This is an exciting stage; to go live with a new website. The pictures are interesting and some a like a lot. However, for me, it's a lot of extra work navigating because of flash which is slow and the dark icons at the bottom which don't tell us anything and mousing over does not give an immediate picture change.

The menu on the left is dark of course and it's not intuitive that it opens upwards to provide more choices. That extra step would normally send me away from a website after the first time.

The SQUAREHEAD logo is soft and not explained as far as I can see as part of your branding, or else there's a cultural island in my travels that I've not visited.

I am against flash sites for two reasons.

1. You tend to hide yourself from search engines and that is not good for your business. 1. It can slow things down unless somehow you can push content ahead so it's ready. The little icon showing what will be in the following picture is too small and frankly annoying.

One should not have to feel one is on a search mission in the dark. This, BTW, is an interesting subject for us at OPF as we are developing galleries and the question of b.g. color keeps coming up. For some images, a black matte works well. The whole thinh black as pitch can be tedious.

As you might have noticed, so far, I've been very harsh and that's because I'm trying to give feedback that's practical. However, mine is only one opinion and others might be stimulated by its form, so hold back on your reaction to my comments as more opinions are needed.

Thanks for sharing your new gallery. I have learned a lot that will be useful.

Asher