• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Merry Everything To You'll

13070_207005722083_668172083_3120453_2143668_n.jpg

This is me and my family wishing you a happy holly days and fantastic new year/decade to you all.

If you have family postcards, please share here..

Best
Leonardo

ps Image taken at lake Titicaca, Sun Island sometime in 2009

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Outstanding, Leonardo,

I cannot translate the script. In fact, beyond guessing it might be Japanese, why not Korean too? Nice to see your family together.

Great wishes to you and everyone for 2010!

Asher

Yoi Otoshi o = Have a Good Year. / Japanese

Feliz = Happy / Spanish

Asher, it is a Latin Japanese family, so we threw in the English, that way we send one card to our friends in the anglophone Spanish Japanese speaking world...

Grate wishes to you too. And another fantastic year

Leonardo

It is interesting that they use expresions that are specificaly made for befor, at and after the new year. I had to change the design because I copied the wrong one form the web, but here is a complete list...

メリークリスマス (merī kurisumasu)
New Year greeting - 'Western' style
新年おめでとうございます (shinnen omedetō gozaimasu)
New Year greetings (used before New Year)
良いお年を (yoi otoshi o) - inf
良いお年をお迎え下さい (yoi otoshi o omukae kudasai) - frm
New Year greetings (used at New Year, not before)
明けましておめでとうございます
(akemashite omedetō gozaimasu)
旧年中大変お世話になりました
(kyūnenjū taihen osewa ni narimashita)
本年もよろしくお願いいたします
(honnen mo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu)