• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Road Trip 2010....

ErikJonas

Banned
I hope everyones doing well and had a enjoyalbe time with family and loved ones in the Holidays they celebrate....

I have been shooting....A few days before Christmas I did a road trip to Bow and Edison Washington and then Christmas day i was on the road EARLY and tripped to Duval, Carnation and Fall City shooting all day....Both trips did not gain me any images that impressed me. Very frustating and a good showing of the crap i can readily produce with a camera. Couple days after Christmas i did a road trip through Stanwood and the Silvana area and then up to Mt. Vernon again not getting a good solid shot.

Today, New Years I was on the road at 5:30 am....This time taking my mom with me as she doesnt get out much being the victim of a serious stroke. I headed out on State highway 2 going over the mountains to Leavenworth stopping briefly in the Icicle Creek Canyon for a few shots. I drove out to Euphrata and thats when my shots started to fall into place...

Between Leavenworth and Euphrata is desert like land and big rolling his and orchards, lots of orchards...There was a touch of snow 10 to 12 inches leaving the sage and taller dead yellowish grass poking through the white snow making for some awesome shots. Heading down Route 28 just outside of Quincy i just decided to take this side road. No real reason other then wanting to get off the main road to see what i could see...

I hit a gold mine...A large propety with barns and farm equipment...Two teen were leaving in a truck and i talked to them telling them i want to take pictures of the barns, it was his grandfathers and he said it would be no problem...Golden i had permission... 2 barns in the state of falling down and 3 old buildings, the snow and the sage just made for great shots as well as a piece of old farming equipment....The worest thing was i had to pee so bad lol...And i waited as long as i could shooting as fast as i could. Leaving i saw in ther front yard of the place down the road a old wagon...I mean one with wooden wheels. This was not a replica so i had to grab a few shots of that.

The more i headed east the more fog i hit and the snow was disappearing. So i just called it a day.By the time i got back home i had covered 360 miles on the day. But i got my shots fineally and am really excited about some of the barn shots although if i was not under a certain amount of pressure lol having to pee really bad i could of gotten some much better shots of of the barns but over all i didnt do bad... The images are down loading now. I also met two really cute girls that i set up to shoot with my next time over there. Both Hispanic and i want to do a tradional Mexican dress series like i did with Jordans Heritage series.

I came home and just slept right away. When i go on a raod trip like that its all business. I drive constantly looking for my shot and when i find it i run or walk quickly to it, get the shot and move on to find my next shot to make the most of my time and cover as much ground as i can. Also I was up messing with files and didnt get much sleep.

Very annoying my light meter on my camera was off all day that or my LCD so i had to bracket all my shots which i dont like to do, not on every shot. Usually my meter is dead on. This is not like my camera at all...I shot most all my shots at F11 some at F9.5....Thats usually what i shoot at and at times F16. On the light meter issue i shot everything over exsposed according to my light meter but shooting it dead on it was too dark. As a rule i shoot under exsposed but today it was just oof be it the meter or LCD i will have to check this when i have time....Also when i went to down load my one memory cards it said i had 174 images on it.The card at best holds or is suppose to hold 139 images and thats what it said when i put the SD card in. So how do i come out with 174???

I am off...I am going to be up tomorrow early to go shooting more.Trying to get 2010 off to a solid start which after today 1-1 its a very good start..........

This is of my first shots of 2010....From my road trip January 1st.....I'm thinking so far from what people have said that i'll be the only one to like this shot....It was taken right off Route 28 on the way to Euphrata....I saw it as i was going down the road at 55 mph lol had to turn around go back and scale the slippery bank to get it....

191---st-Shoot-026editedweb.jpg

Erik Jonas: Untitled

Snow Scene January 2010 Route 28

The shot is kind of dark an dreary as thats just the way it was that day....I rather like the feel of it.....Anyway...My new 2010 image.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ErikJonas

Banned
The Next image....Seems to be the popular one of the road trip Shot on Highway 2 just outside of Leavenworth....It is going to be a part of my Blue Collar line which is very inexspensive prints, a 12 by 18 will be $37.00 but a large edition,4,000 in the edition but it gives people who cant afford the $137.00 my usual price a chance to get a nice print......Taken 1-1-2010

191---st-Shoot-093edited2we.jpg

Erik Jonas: Untitled 2

Snowshoot Outside of Leavenworth January 2010

This is the cropped version...You people have me cropping more lol..... =)

Last edited by a moderator:

ErikJonas

Banned
Okay Asher...By your request but no one here is too interested in my pictures...This ones gotten a lot of response from people round home here...

l_3de4e86be4054ec9981ef0a347c164ab.jpg

Taken just outside of Quincy Washington right off state route 28....And i mean right off the road.....I always always look for color and contrast....Small is all i have....Maybe someone sponsor me a Flickr account....lol...

ErikJonas

Banned
This image i was suprised people really like...I thought only i would like it...Hmmm...Where it was taken was that gold mind i found of old buildings and such......

l_b0c63ed09728465cb2f6017e238eb24b.jpg

ErikJonas

Banned
Okay....Ya can grill me on this one...

l_161b2d8a9d914f22a2a034294462560b.jpg

A perfectly good waste of a awesome old old Wagon BUT....I had no compisition here..It was in someones front yard its not like i'm going to knock on the door and say hey can i drag your wagon a few miles down the road to set it up in a reasonable setting for a great shot....So.....This is what i got....tried to make it as interesting as possible...

ErikJonas

Banned
My friend John said about this shot "Reminds me of my first apartment"...

l_c253daf271b94409a5118b9fcabc50f1.jpg

This barn was built in 1913....I love old barns...I have some other perspectives of this to edit up that might be nicer....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Erik,

In pictures #2 and # 6 the black and white is very light. how does that come about? do you have some special workflow. I'm not saying I like it or not, but I am intrigued.

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Whats ment by work flow?....I have heard this said before...And image 6....The wagon? That looks dark to you? Wow it looks bright on my monitor....And the 12 by 18 print....

The day was mostly very over cast....I mean i dont know how to answer that...When i edit a picture i try to get it as close to what i was seeing as possible with the very basic adjustments that i make to a image.