• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Old People Rock....*Pictures*

Rachel Foster

My son plays oboe, secondary instrument is piano, and is taking up drums so he can be in marching band in high school.

I've shot the oboe, the piano, and when the drums arrive will be shooting them too.

Posted in other threads previously (and hence small here)

oboehandsframed-1.jpg

StuartRae

Erik Jonas said:
Awesome sax solo in a song by Pink Floyd called "Dogs Of War" . I dont know who does it.........

Probably Scott Page, although Tom Scott also played sax on the studio version.

Regards,

Stuart

Mike Shimwell

.. she gets them contantly. she's in her 90's walks and exercises every day.. still lives on her own, and has more spunk than most people half her age.. she also has a sense of humor.

The Turkey Sessions (i brought a backdrop and lights to our Thanksgiving dinner )

20081127_thanksgiving_00066.jpg

20081127_thanksgiving_00068.jpg

She's agreed to put on full motorcycle leathers (and anything else i want to dress her up as) for more shots

(now to find leathers that i can rent that would fit someone 4'9" :)

Jim

I've still got my leathers, but unfortunately I'm 6 2, and in the UK.

My great aunt, at the age of about 75, was walking home one day thruogh her village when a youth, sitting on a wall, stuck his foot out to block her way. She looked him in the eye and said, 'If you don't move your leg I'll kick it!'. At this point he backed down:)

At 88 she was still demonstrating that she could put her legs behind her head!

Mike

Mike Shimwell

Erik

As we get older our life is etched on our faces. Some people also get more honest and so what you see is waht you get. These people are worth photographing, being far more human than the young mannequins preferred by the fashion industry:)

I suspect that ours is the first culture to value youth over age and experience - though happy to stand corrected on that one.

Mike

StuartRae

Well, I guess I will have to continue the theme here with one of my favorite shots of two old people in a historical society setting:

Docents_F13404R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr - Docents 2009

Here we see Douglas A. Kerr, P.E. (Ret.), age 73, and Carla C. Kerr, age 71, dressed to serve as docents (volunteer guides) on the December, 2009 annual historic homes tour of the local historical society in Weatherford, Texas.

The shot was taken in a new (but nevertheless historic) home, the New World Headquarters, in Weatherford.

Hi Doug,

What a handsome couple you make.

I must now ask you what a Scotsman wears under his kilt, as I never had the opportunity to ask my Grandfather

Cue the old joke:
"Is anything worn under the kilt?".
"No, it's all in perfect working order!".

Regards,

Stuart