• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Apple's new tablet: take two and call Steve in the morning

Cem_Usakligil

Hi All,

In about an hour and a half, Steve Jobs will start unveiling Apple's newest products, amongst which a much rumored new tabled (aka iSlate). According to the Apple lore, he will mention all the unimportant ones first and seemingly wrap up his presentation. Then just when he is about to leave the stage, he will turn around and say "one more thing" (aka the Stevenote).

I have my beer cans and popcorn ready and eagerly waiting for the show to begin (lol, just joking).

Cheers,

Michael Fontana

pro member
no MacPro, which I espected and wanted to jump, but the iPad - I will not go for that one, but I'm sure a lot of people will do so, as it replaces for them the labtop and doesn't looks and works like one... ok, is, not multitasking...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm interested in the iPAD for tethered shooting.

Charlie,

Here's the App for $19 but it works via your apple Wifi network:

dslr-ui.jpg

In brief,

"DSLR Camera Remote's key feature is the ability to remotely trigger the shutter, or fire the camera. This seemingly basic feature is very powerful. You can now trigger a camera in a difficult position, such as in a church balcony or behind a basketball backboard. Or you can use it to give yourself another set of hands in the studio - to interact with your subject better or hold a reflector. There are all sorts of unique shooting situations where you would like to trigger your camera from a distance. With DSLR Camera Remote you can now do this with the equipment you already have, no need for expensive radio transmitters or open frequencies.

DSLR Camera Remote Professional Edition gives you full control over common camera controls including shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, and more. Better than a simple release, the DSLR Camera Remote lets you see the image you just photographed to confirm you got the shot you wanted. With the Professional Edition you can even zoom to 1:1 to check focus and important details. When you combine the DSLR Camera Remote Professional Edition with a current generation Canon EOS DSLR you can access the LiveView mode, which allows you to see through the camera's viewfinder in near real-time. This allows you to see your composition before you trigger the shutter. This feature is great for self-portraits or when you can't see your subject from your position. See a list of Canon cameras that are known to be compatible with LiveView mode."

I think that it might be perfectly wonderful for taking the picture. My question is how long does it take one to see the picture and then be ready for the next image? Does anyone know the delay? Certainly with Eos Utility tethered control, it's fast to get to the next shot but not as fast as shooting un-tethered.

Asher

charlie chipman

Yeah I've heard of that one Asher, never tried it seeings how I don't have an iphone, I would think they will make the same app for the ipad.