• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Composing of 6 pictures

Klaus Esser

pro member
digital shot withh 27MPx and composed of 6 pictures: 1) people, 2) mid-part, 3) mid-left field and trees in the background, 4) left part church and houses, 5) left part field and way in the foreground, 6), three layers of clouds and blue :)
It´s the title of a magazine - it´s A3, the title runs from front to the backside.

CaritasTitle.jpg

best, Klaus

Superb Klaus! I would not have thought this to be a compositing work.

How would you best translate the title?

"Donate for the future with your legacy"... something like that?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
digital shot withh 27MPx and composed of 6 pictures: 1) people, 2) mid-part, 3) mid-left field and trees in the background, 4) left part church and houses, 5) left part field and way in the foreground, 6), three layers of clouds and blue :)
It´s the title of a magazine - it´s A3, the title runs from front to the backside.

CaritasTitle.jpg

best, Klaus

Klaus, this is right up my street! I have a great fascination with building a picture, especially if one does not have a huge crew to create sets! Here, you'd have to use projection screens or other complexities, rent shrubs and trees and who know what else.

• Could you provide context by giving the story of the project. This is just a thought that a lot of people might benefit from your approach. We may get some new ideas too!
  • Was it assigned to you from a client or Art Director? Did you work on their concept or is this your own idea? How did you go about this?
  • What are the component images, and what was there that you thought might work, didn't?
  • How did you light the picture?
  • Lastly, how did you extract the componants and secure a softedge and then blend them together

So this is as big a topic it seems as the long Eskimo threas by David but in this case, everyone has a reasonable chance of practicing everything you talk about without freezing there ass off!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

If you go ahead with my suggestion, then perhaps present small pieces of this at a time until it all has been presented and discussed so we can go from the beginning to the end of the project.

Klaus Esser

pro member
Asher - i´ll try to assemble it chronological, give me a day! :)

best, Klaus

The client gave me some ideas and a headline. And asked me to odo the rest . . :) .
I looked for some locations and selected the one in the picture. The problem was, trhe client wanted a feel of wide area, but not too wide, plants, green, nature, health, good air and so on.
A well-situated and educated elder man or woman with grandchild is kind of "teaching about life" and so on (hope i express it correct in English . . )
There should be a "way to go" or something.

I found this place with the rest, roses, bush and even a cross as it´s to be seen here.
Then i took two shots from another perspective of the field beneath the place to have the "wide, but not too wide . . ;-) " and found a way and an edge of field some hundred meters away.
Coming from the opposite direction i saw the church and a way going down to it.

So, with the start-picture in mind, i shot several perspectives and a wide pano with "the place" on the right side and arranged the single shots on transparent layers.

I used a mixture of eraser, lasso and extraction to seperate leafs and trees and the bush. Mostly it was the eraser with a tip of little dots and a soft-edge tiny tip.

basically that´s it. Very importand is to do it with a pressure-sensitive pen and tablet (Wacom 30x30cm) to contol the intensity of the soft edges of the top.

here´s a chronological array of pictures:

Bild8.jpg

Bild9.jpg

Bild10.jpg

Bild11.jpg

Asher Kelman

Excellent, Kaus!

Did you take the original prictures of the man and girl on a clue screen b.g.?

How did you make sure the angular perspective of the two would fit your pciture?

How did you extend the plants and the path deeper into the images and to the left?

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
Excellent, Kaus!

Did you take the original prictures of the man and girl on a clue screen b.g.?

How did you make sure the angular perspective of the two would fit your pciture?

How did you extend the plants and the path deeper into the images and to the left?

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Hi Asher!

I shot the two people on the same rest from the same angle from which i shot then the basic pano - i forgot to mention - but as a closer-up shot. So i had them in a good shape and resolution for extracting.
The field and trees in the background are basically the same as in the basic shot - but i shot them additionally frm a different perspective: more from above, to have a deeper view.
The path and the field at the left was shot some hundred meters away - there was a piece of the path in the basic-shot.

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

Karl, when you say from the same angle and close up shot, what do you mean, a zoom or you moved closer?

Asher