• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web Seascapes: Ocean Waves Photographed to Look Like Mountain Ranges

Jerome Marot

A different aesthetics than the previous posts. Photographer Ray Collins has a portfolio of wave shots frozen in time, captured to look like vast mountainous landscapes of solid rock and ice. Mr Collins, 33, has spent the last eight years taking pictures of the surf between Sydney and the Victorian boarder (although he also travelled to Hawaii, the South Pacific and Indonesia). What started as a hobby to fill time while he waited for a knee injury to heal has 'evolved' into a book and around 300 emails a day from organisations like National Geographic. Mr Collins is colour blind and originally worked as a coal miner.

Snow_Mountain_-_Ray_Collins.jpeg

Andy brown

Wow!
Thanks Jerome.
What a great series.
I'm ashamed to say, I was 't aware of Ray's work despite the fact that this IS my home patch.
Sydney to the Vic. Border is about 500-600 km's. I'm about 100 km from the border, on the coast.
This stuff is completely my cup of tea.
When I'm not working or doing family time, I'm in that ocean, catching waves, beneath the waves, spearing fish, capturing all those images in my mind.
Brilliant stuff. Inspirational for me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A different aesthetics than the previous posts. Photographer Ray Collins has a portfolio of wave shots frozen in time, captured to look like vast mountainous landscapes of solid rock and ice. Mr Collins, 33, has spent the last eight years taking pictures of the surf between Sydney and the Victorian boarder (although he also travelled to Hawaii, the South Pacific and Indonesia). What started as a hobby to fill time while he waited for a knee injury to heal has 'evolved' into a book and around 300 emails a day from organisations like National Geographic. Mr Collins is colour blind and originally worked as a coal miner.

This is monumental! Once again, Jerome you put before us a lot of pleasure in introducing such fascinating and original work. This picture takes one's breath away!m

I appreciate you sharing this wonderful find. How did you come across his work
Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Fascinating!

Jerome, I learned of this guy a few months ago from a photographer friend of mine. His photographs and amazing; thanks for reminding me to check them out again.

Maggie