• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some of My Favorite Fashion Photographers

There are some incredible Fashion Photographers on the scene and I wanted to share with you some of my favorites.* This is really a short list and I will update this list in the not so far future.* This choice is purely subjective, thus based on my own personal preferences.
Ben
• Nick Knight
• Patrick Demarchelier
• Paolo Roversi
• Javier Vallhonrat
• Victor Skrebneski
• Solve Sundsbo

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/?p=852

Wendy Thurman

Ben-

Any thoughts on those that preceded you and your peers? I've always enjoyed Helmut Newton's quirky stuff (fashion bordering on something else, I guess), Avedon's work, Francesco Scavullo, and the classics Man Ray did to make ends meet.

This isn't a loaded question- just wondered what a working professional thinks of fashion photography from a historical perspective.

Thanks-

Wendy

Ben-

Any thoughts on those that preceded you and your peers? I've always enjoyed Helmut Newton's quirky stuff (fashion bordering on something else, I guess), Avedon's work, Francesco Scavullo, and the classics Man Ray did to make ends meet.

This isn't a loaded question- just wondered what a working professional thinks of fashion photography from a historical perspective.

Thanks-

Wendy

Funny you should mention Francesco Scavullo. I met him years ago at the Area Club in Soho, N.Y. I was really influenced by Victor Skrebneski's and Javier Vallhonrat's work when I started off. Of course I observed the work of Newton, Penn and Avedon as well as Horst P.Horst's work. I was also influenced by the film Blow Up as well as the work of Albert Watson. In fact I am on permanent exhibition at Photo Vintage Galleries with Newton and Horst and I am not even dead yet :) LOL...

http://www.photovintage.fr/

Wendy Thurman

Ben-

You are in extremely good company! Congratulations on the pre-mortem exhibition :)

Once upon a time, I worked for Neiman Marcus and became very interested in the fashion world. That interest has faded somewhat- I still appreciate the clothing and the business but operate these days in a denim-and-cargo-pants sort of world. That said, I did spend a bit of money at Isabel Marant's Rue de Seine boutique this spring.

Wendy