• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Updates to Canon dSLR applications

John_Nevill

Canon has released updates to many of its Windows and Mac dSLR applications and added a new raw codec for Vista.

Updates include: DPP to version 3, EOS utility to version 2 and Image/Zoom Browser to version 5.8b. These upgrades focus on Vista compatibility, 1DMkIII support and many new features.

Ray West

I don't think these are on canon uk site. But I downloaded OK from canon.com, but other than dpp, the installations were not too smooth. No insurmountable problems, all now installed and working fine. Thanks for the update.

Best wishes,

Ray

D

Deleted member 55

Nicolas, Try the Canon USA site. At least the Mac OSX version shows all regions supported, at install you select the region.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas, Try the Canon USA site. At least the Mac OSX version shows all regions supported, at install you select the region.

Hi Will
I did that at first!
But DPP 3.0 loads but I can't see anymore the pictures, not easy !
So I tried from European site (link in above post) and DPP can't be updated on my Mac Intel...
Anyway, I never use DPP, was just curious, but no worry at all!

D

Deleted member 55

Darn! Nicolas, seems you just can not get there from here.

Try installing one of the required for upgrade SW packages under a different user then upgrade it.

But first try repairing permissions then if that will not work try using DPP from a newly created user.

If that works OK there is most likely a locked or read only file under your main user.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks Will
I did already run disk utility and repaired permissions, but I got only an endless spinning wheel as a thank from my PB.

I wrote my previous post too fast so you did miss a part of it! let me rewrite:

I first downloaded from USA Canon site onto my Powerbook (home)
DPP 3.0 upgrades and loads but I can't see anymore the pictures, not easy !

So I tried at the office on my Macpro from European site (link in above post) and DPP can't be updated on my Mac Intel... I get an error message and DPP won't upgrade.

Anyway, I never use DPP, was just curious, but no worry at all!

Thanks for your efforts anyway!

Michael Fontana

pro member
Here, I couldn't upgrade either, the alert-box is just void!
But I don't care to much; as I'm not willing to use a software, that has problems to be installed

Installations of ddp should be done from the admin....