• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another short film by Romain

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi folks
regular OPFers do know that my son Romain, beside being in charge of our video dept, do a lot of personnal work.
He's now finalizing the editing and music composition of a 20 minutes film showcasing a French trendy jeweller Gilles Jonemann.
But for now, he has just delivered a short film on the making and discovering of a robe (more than 5000 views in less than a week in Dailymotion…http://www.dailymotion.com/romainclarisfilm).

Showcasing art, needs to be arty too, don't you think?

Here's Romain's website (in construction), pointing to "La Robe" you may also try some other menus, knowing that some aren't -yet- working ;-)
English version to come…

http://www.romainclarisfilm.com/larobe.php
Turn sound on!

Hi Nicolas,

Very nice. Lovely atmosphere in the creation of the almost sensual experience the dress gives. Sound and image are, as usual, finely synchronized. Chapeau for Romain!

Bart

janet Smith

pro member
I was spellbound watching this....... The attention to all the minute details going into the making of the dress, the cutting of the fabric, pinning & stitching, pure magic. All conveyed with a sensual delicacy, wonderful, my congratulations to Romain!

romain claris

pro member
Hello Bart,
how are you ?
thanks for your kind words, I' m very glad you like the approach !
that was a real pleasure to meet you with Cem at the last Dusseldorf Baot Show.
hope your well
kind regards
romain

romain claris

pro member
Hello Janet ,
I know you follow my work since a ong time, thank you for your coments ! it's always a pleasure to read your reactions. i consider video is a kind of picture moving... and editing is made frame per frame...chirurgical...
king regards
romain

I was spellbound watching this....... The attention to all the minute details going into the making of the dress, the cutting of the fabric, pinning & stitching, pure magic. All conveyed with a sensual delicacy, wonderful, my congratulations to Romain!

I also like Romain's detailed attention for the sound that enhances the images (and Vice Versa), e.g. the sound of the fabric for the dress as it slides over the cutting table.

Sound and image together, matching perfectly, it's a sensory feast for eye and ear.

Bart

Charlotte Thompson

Interesting the sensuality between a womans hands and thread, needleand fabric
loved how the light and fabric were shown and the movement as if a song in motion
very nice piece of work

Charlotte-

romain claris

pro member
hello !

thank you for your kind comments for la robe !

it has been really interesting to write, prepar, shoot and editate this project, pictures in brain and sounds since a long time.. I really wanted the dress to be a charater - 4 hours of shooting

very happy you enjoyed la robe !

romain

romain claris

pro member
picture from the short movie la robe

la_robe_la_robe.jpg

this is a picture extracted from the short movie la robe

to see the film www.romainclarisfilms.com

ps : change HQ to SD if read is not smooth, use full screen and sound system to the max !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
970_la_robe.jpg

2010 march 26th
Declic et des Claps presents the short art film La robe screened in the first part of Woody Allen's movie: "Hannah et ses soeurs" at the movie theater Le Pavillon Bleu in Roquefort-les-Pins.

http://www.romainclarisfilm.com/larobe_uk.php

have a good day !

romain claris

Fabulous! Is this screened before the WoodyAllen movie or is it edited into the movie as the movie was made n 1986!

Asher

romain claris

pro member
Hi,
As it was a pleasure to share the short La robe, I wanted to tell you that this short film just received few days ago, the image award, the editing award and the best experimental short film award at the 2011 Disturb awards.

la_robe_3_prix.jpg

You can see La robe here: http://www.romainclarisfilm.com/larobe_uk.php please wait while buffering

Have a nice day

Romain