• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

All of my OPF photos together

Cem_Usakligil

I have been a member of OPF since June 2006. In the past 7.5 years, I have been a prolific poster of photos/ Unfortunately, 99% of the photos get forgotten in time and only the most recent ones remain actual. Also, even if someone would remember a particular picture from the past, the chances are that he/she would no longer be able to find the particular thread where the photo had been posted. Newer members wouldn't even know what has ever been posted, unless they start digging in the old threads.

These have been the main reasons why I have decided to create a stream of all the photos I have posted in OPF. I had to do a lot of digging first in order to locate the photos. Eventually, I have discovered some 700+ photos! Isn't it amazing? Anyway, I am certain that I must have posted more pictures than that but I did not have the time and energy to search longer.

So here is without further ado, my OPF gallery. Initially, it may take a few seconds to load since there are so many pictures. Click on any thumbnail and see the larger pictures and navigate using your right/left arrows (or tap on the left-hand-side of a picture to go back or on the right-hand-side to go forward). I have uploaded the pictures at a higher resolution than in OPF, some of the panos are even very large. If your monitor's resolution is not high (as in mobile devices) the pictures are downsized automatically to fit in the browser window. The pictures are more or less sorted historically, from the most recent to the oldest. It is worth checking out, even if I say so myself. ;)

From now on, I will add every new photo I share here immediately to the stream and link to it. Exactly like the flickr photo streams, but without the flickr part.

Have fun and please let me know how it looks like.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Kudos for you for investing all the time and energy and art in making such a lot of your valuable and distinctive pictures available in OPF threads for all to enjoy. Your new collection is another mammoth task and will provide a great value and experience for those of us who visit again and again. I know I will visit often!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks Asher, I am looking forward to hear your opinions.

BTW: in case anybody wants to link to one of the pictures in the stream in order to share here, this is how to do it:

1) click on the image to enlarge it.

2) note the image id at the bottom right corner shown between brackets.

3) Create a URL link to the stream to automatically open the picture as http://cem.usakligil.com/set/opf.html?autoload=image_id (i.e. put here the image id you have found out)

4) Create an image link to show in the post as http://cem.usakligil.com/img/l/image_id.jpg (i.e. put here the image id you have found out)

For example: if the image id is f09526, then:
URL: http://cem.usakligil.com/set/opf.html?autoload=f09526
Image link: http://cem.usakligil.com/img/l/f09526.jpg

If this is not clear, feel free to ask.

Cem.
Yesterday I went and took a llok-see through all your images. Some I had already seen here and on your website but many I had not and it was a great pleasure to do so.

Maggie

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks Maggie. The pleasure is all mine. I hope that more people will give me their feedback though and it wasn't all in vain.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Thanks for presenting so much your past work in one place! Your images seem to include more than a few which seem so "organizationally solid".

I'll look for more, but here's a few examples of utterly disparate subjects, all with this sense of "solid construction". They do not seem to be made on an impulse and then executed, rather there seems to have been enough "pause", before they're recorded in the right way.

This is not to say that all or most of the pictures give this impression. I need to spend far more time. However, Id like to show some that share this impression of "Cem-Built!" and that's all for now.

i09702.jpg

i09880.jpg

j00409.jpg

i10431.jpg

j00062.jpg

i13567.jpg

More visits to come!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Cem, I can only commend you for the hard work put into this project. And more importantly, the excellent quality of the work posted by you here.

Best.

Michael Nagel

Cem,

This is a great idea and I like what I see.

I took it as example and started to tag all (with some exceptions) pictures posted here.
This is still in progress - 415 so far and growing over the next days (hope to complete it this year).
Here is the link.

Best regards,
Michael

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

Thanks for presenting so much your past work in one place! Your images seem to include more than a few which seem so "organizationally solid".

I'll look for more, but here's a few examples of utterly disparate subjects, all with this sense of "solid construction". They do not seem to be made on an impulse and then executed, rather there seems to have been enough "pause", before they're recorded in the right way.

This is not to say that all or most of the pictures give this impression. I need to spend far more time. However, Id like to show some that share this impression of "Cem-Built!" and that's all for now.
More visits to come!

Asher
Thanks Asher for introducing another term to my vocabulary: Cem-Built! I like it, especially those who know me personally will appreciate the pun as well. :)

Cem_Usakligil

Cem, I can only commend you for the hard work put into this project. And more importantly, the excellent quality of the work posted by you here.

Best.
My humble thanks Fahim. This being a photography forum, I try to post pictures whenever I can. I am then doubly glad when you and some others appreciate them. :)

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

This is a great idea and I like what I see.

I took it as example and started to tag all (with some exceptions) pictures posted here.
This is still in progress - 415 so far and growing over the next days (hope to complete it this year).
Here is the link.

Best regards,
Michael
Hey Michael, great that you've followed suit. This creates an added-value for your work, doesn't it? That is how I justify the effort anyway. ;)

Off to look at your pictures....

Michael Nagel

Hi Cem,

It also helps to keep track - I added some this evening. Now there are 758 so far.
I did not imagine that I already posted that many.

Still ongoing, but finished for today.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

All pictures from threads I started (with deliberate exceptions) are tagged.
There are some from the various challenges I participated in I did not incluce yet - these will be added bit by bit.

Here they are.

Hope someone else will start doing the same.

Best regards,
Michael