• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another shot of the lunar eclipse

Where I live the moon was very high in the sky so easy to shoot. My camera is quite old though, so it doesn't have the new high ISO's, so had to take the shot slower than wanted so it is a bit blurry and still noisy even after noise reduction. I'm still happy though as it is the only super moon lunar eclipse I've ever seen. :)

bloodmooneclipse2015.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Maggie,

Where I live the moon was very high in the sky so easy to shoot. My camera is quite old though, so it doesn't have the new high ISO's, so had to take the shot slower than wanted so it is a bit blurry and still noisy even after noise reduction.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's a fabulous shot.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where I live the moon was very high in the sky so easy to shoot. My camera is quite old though, so it doesn't have the new high ISO's, so had to take the shot slower than wanted so it is a bit blurry and still noisy even after noise reduction. I'm still happy though as it is the only super moon lunar eclipse I've ever seen. :)

bloodmooneclipse2015.jpg

Maggie

You did a great job. The pinpoint stars really add to the composition!

Do you happen to be able to identify the 4 brightest stars? Is this a sign?

Asher

Andy brown

Well done Maggie.
Awesome shot.
I've also enjoyed Doug and Wolfgang's images very much but this one,
Well you've brought her so much personality. I wanna give her a big hug.

In Oz we were 't aligned for the eclipse, shame coz I had crystal sky last night.
In the few days (nights) leading up to this full moon, we've had high cirrus cloud and beautiful halo effects. I tried a couple of shots but soon realised it was no easy feat. The moon itself was so bright compared to the halo. I think I'd need two exposures and some fiddling. Must try again next time!
Anyway, Bravo! Lovely, lovely shot.

Maggie

You did a great job. The pinpoint stars really add to the composition!

Do you happen to be able to identify the 4 brightest stars? Is this a sign?

Asher

I'm afraid not, Asher. I think the fact that my camera doesn't do very high ISO, that I had to take the shot a lot slower, so these stars were actually pretty faint. That said, I'm certainly no expert.
:)
Maggie

Well done Maggie.
Awesome shot.
I've also enjoyed Doug and Wolfgang's images very much but this one,
Well you've brought her so much personality. I wanna give her a big hug.

In Oz we were 't aligned for the eclipse, shame coz I had crystal sky last night.
In the few days (nights) leading up to this full moon, we've had high cirrus cloud and beautiful halo effects. I tried a couple of shots but soon realised it was no easy feat. The moon itself was so bright compared to the halo. I think I'd need two exposures and some fiddling. Must try again next time!
Anyway, Bravo! Lovely, lovely shot.

Thanks Andy.

I love the fact that besides being a super moon and a blood moon because of the total eclipse but that it was also a harvest moon. :)

I live in eastern Canada and the moon was high and bright and the total eclipse was at 10:47pm, so an ideal time to view it since our skies were very clear. We were very lucky. Next blood moon will be April 25, 2032, so you certainly have time to prepare.
:)
Maggie