• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

British Library - Points of View

Mike Shimwell

I was in London today and had 20 minutes between my meeting and the train home, so I visited the British Library to have a look at the Points of View exhibition. This consists of both educational information and a lot of prints from the earlier years of photography. Many prints a realbument and platinum, though I didn't see many later silver prints on this visit.

Anyway, if you're near King's Cross it's only a 2 minute walk towards Euston and is worth a visit.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was in London today and had 20 minutes between my meeting and the train home, so I visited the British Library to have a look at the Points of View exhibition. This consists of both educational information and a lot of prints from the earlier years of photography. Many prints a realbument and platinum, though I didn't see many later silver prints on this visit.

Anyway, if you're near King's Cross it's only a 2 minute walk towards Euston and is worth a visit.
Mike,
I wish King Cross was accessible from the tube here, but LA's metro hardly serves this metropolis, (although they did open up an new 6 miles line this past sunday for East LA).

The photography exhibit seems really worthwhile. Although a lot of pictures are posed, that in itself is a glimpse of the values of Victorian ways of doing things.

I noticed this one picture in the video slide show, but there's no title.

Points of View London Exhibit.png

Points of View London Exhibit: Unknown Title, please provide correct attribution if you know the work

The close buildings and the narrow space reminded me of the soft low shutterspeed picture by Rainer Viertbloek.

RainerViertblock_04.jpg

Rainer Viertlböck: from Exposure for the Soul, in OPF, here].
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/art_Asher_Kelman_001.php

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

This is a most wonderful resource you have discovered!

Here's a great place to browse, online, the 8 themes of the exhibit.

Thanks,

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Mike,
I wish King Cross was accessible from the tube here, but LA's metro hardly serves this metropolis, (although they did open up an new 6 miles line this past sunday for East LA).

The photography exhibit seems really worthwhile. Although a lot of pictures are posed, that in itself is a glimpse of the values of Victorian ways of doing things.

I noticed this one picture in the video slide show, but there's no title.

Points of View London Exhibit.png

Points of View London Exhibit: Unknown Title, please provide correct attribution if you know the work

The close buildings and the narrow space reminded me of the soft low shutterspeed picture by Rainer Viertbloek.

RainerViertblock_04.jpg

Rainer Viertlböck: from Exposure for the Soul, in OPF, here].
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/art_Asher_Kelman_001.php

Hi Asher

Sorry the LA metro is so inadequate. In London the tube goes all the way to the edge of town.

It was interesting listening to the comments - one group was having a tour with a knowledgeable young lady who was telling them of the transformation that learning to fix an image created and there was another, older group, whose comments were totally focused on the subject matter - 'Didn't they wear tall top hats, I wonder if they blew off a lot in the wind'

Your essay/interview with Rainer V is valuable and I would happily recommend it to anyone here to read. I've read that a couple of times, much to enjoy his pictures. It turns much of what we see today on its head, but he creates great pictures. Less is so often more.

Mike