• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Default one person show for one person only

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
coat1.jpg

This is a very stark exhibit for one person and it's humorous!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Be Awake to catch these pictures!

The Images of Imants K evolve and vanish, so you have to look fast.

Picture1.jpg

©Imants Krumins -all rights reserved

These images a very special and worthy of your attention!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Imants K
I think it is not very fair toward members here to systematically post links instead of images.

I'm quite bored to see
Picture1.jpg
parsed in your posts or in posts commenting your work.

If this all you found to express your artistic skill, it may me fun one or two times, but then be creative, change of strategy!

However with respect to your work, i have soft deleted only your message so Asher may re established it if he thinks he has to do so.

PS wether I like or not your images has nothing to do with this soft deletion.

Cem_Usakligil

Imants K
I think it is not very fair toward members here to systematically post links instead of images.

I'm quite bored to see
Picture1.jpg
parsed in your posts or in posts commenting your work.

If this all you found to express your artistic skill, it may me fun one or two times, but then be creative, change of strategy!

However with respect to your work, i have soft deleted only your message so Asher may re established it if he thinks he has to do so.

PS wether I like or not your images has nothing to do with this soft deletion.
FWIW, I fully agree with Nicolas. Threads here must be directly accessible and visible to our readers (now and later) and they shouldn't become a dynamic (i.e. temporary) collection of links to oblivion. There is no value in discussing any artwork of Imants here if the picture is not visible here.

Asher Kelman

Well, this will be solved when we host pictures. I too get disappointed and frustrated when images disappear after we have made contributions. At that time, when we have committed effort, we'd like pictures to remain. If there are no comments then for sure we don't need that image anymore!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Well, this will be solved when we host pictures. I too get disappointed and frustrated when images disappear after we have made contributions. At that time, when we have committed effort, we'd like pictures to remain. If there are no comments then for sure we don't need that image anymore!

Asher
Asher you are referring to a solution which will help us tackle the problem of having find a web host to post images, which is very good. But I am afraid it won't solve this particular problem of attitude on the side of the OP. To start with, there are no images here so they also cannot disappear when they have never ever appeared to start with. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Imants K

Banned
The two links which as below were deleted by the moderator, these are the two links that I use for images now and these images change every 1 to 2 weeks at this stage, Since when do the images become the forum's ownwership? There are too may images on the net now and they pass by at alarming rates. To what end? Do you look at page 32 in the archives of a blog or forum? Maybe the forum wants a cache of images so the forum can become a commodity , bought and sold and its value being other people's images?

With the logic used here one should keep one's own www site without changes as well just add images until it becomes a navigators nightmare. The net is a fluid body constantly changing so i cannot see the point in applying old world values if permanence on a relatively new form. Watch the kids they text delete, take a image show delete and there is no great dramas about it ......
deleted

and

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Imants
I don't want to discuss this anymore, if you want to use OPF medium for your own marketing, seeking for audience, you've come to the wrong place.
Would I be wrong, then you have to stick with our rules.

Our aim is to enjoy (sometimes not!) comment, discuss pictures made by one or the other.
Such discussions and comments have sense for the reader, only if he can look at the image.

The fact that youngers do write phonetic texts and delete them quickly doesn't make artist of them!

You seem not to agree with that, and I fully respect this, but then you don't need to post here.
As simple as that!

The web is how we all make it, it is -still- a place for freedom.
Freedom starts with respect of the other. You seem not to… too bad.

Asher Kelman

The two links which as below were deleted by the moderator, these are the two links that I use for images now and these images change every 1 to 2 weeks at this stage, Since when do the images become the forum's ownwership? There are too may images on the net now and they pass by at alarming rates. To what end? Do you look at page 32 in the archives of a blog or forum? Maybe the forum wants a cache of images so the forum can become a commodity , bought and sold and its value being other people's images?

With the logic used here one should keep one's own www site without changes as well just add images until it becomes a navigators nightmare. The net is a fluid body constantly changing so i cannot see the point in applying old world values if permanence on a relatively new form. Watch the kids they text delete, take a image show delete and there is no great dramas about it ......
http://www.etrouko.com.au/imants.htm

and

http://www.etrouko.com.au/imi.htm
Hi Imants,

I have no knowledge of those links being deleted and in my page, they appear in your first post and are still there. We don't claim any © over your pictures. The website is not being sold, at least to my knowledge!

We do go back to archives. This happens day in day out! We treasure some of the earliest pictures posted here. We have not, as yet optimized our searches. I remember a picture sometimes when I see another and then want to revisit the first to see how ideas are expressed in different ways. There are too many images that don't interest me. The ones that do, I want to be able to see again!

In any case, removing it from public view after two weeks does not alter the web's memory. Google and so many web spiders have it filed away in the first day, anyway. folk that want to steal it have done so within a week! We the guys who might appreciate it most lose out when it just vanishes.

Asher

Imants K

Banned
I don't want to discuss this anymore,
....a real I just want to stick my head in the sand reaction!

Where is the rule that states I cannot use a link to an image?

This message has been deleted by Nicolas Claris. Reason: tired of links instead of image sposted, not a nice behavior
. Is this a personal preference?

The web is how we all make it, it is -still- a place for freedom.
Freedom starts with respect of the other. You seem not to… too bad.
................ deleting a post as you don't like something is OK as long as it is you doing it!

The fact that youngers do write phonetic texts and delete them quickly doesn't make artist of them
Ahh you are the decision maker of what has artistic merit as well, when were you given this role?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Forums

When you post an image on the boards, your link is accessed and the image appears. If you remove the image from your own host site, it disappears from the forum. There is freqently a red x in old posts because the image is no longer found.

Imants K

Banned
In any case, removing it from public view after two weeks does not alter the web's memory. Google and so many web spiders have it filed away in the first day, anyway. folk that want to steal it have done so within a week!
I am quite aware about things being stolen, used etc, it is the nature of the web and it's participants, I am quite aware how things work on the net, that is not why I choose to post links.

Asher Kelman

Imants,

In brief, we like you work, want to see it that's the beginning and the end. Don't get mad at anyone who objects to links only! That's natural that we want to see the picture. Links only are not banned but should be for very unusual circumstances, such as huge files or formats we cannot accommodate, for example a virtual reality panorama that needs a special viewer. We'll correct these deficiencies but appreciate and plead for images appearing here, with the understanding that the © always remans yours.

Kind wishes,

Asher

Imants K

Banned
When you post an image on the boards, your link is accessed and the image appears. If you remove the image from your own host site, it disappears from the forum. There is freqently a red x in old posts because the image is no longer found
At least with my links to the two single image sites there will be a image all be it different!!

Asher Kelman

At least with my links to the two single image sites there will be a image all be it different!!
Imants,

You are a stubborn fellow. If you were not on my favorites list, I'd have said goodbye. This is not a bulletin board, but a community. We like to see the picture and then return to them if the muses whisper in our ears to revisit. We do not see the need to assassinate art. If your pictures are worthy, then they can live and breathe with us. We have never had "merely-linked" images, except to say there are more here. We'd like the images post as a link. I you like i'll provide a place to host them for you with your password. So I hope you might consider giving us a break and treat us with trust and make allowances for our custom of displaying images. I want to continue to enjoy your pictures and don't want anything negative to be written. Lets discuss this further by PM! You are invited to post and embed images and if you do that, we'll appreciate that gesture.

Asher

Asher Kelman

We need to have some drinks together!

We can change pictures by adding. The Egyptians used to erase the words of previous rulers that fell out of favor. The Soviets made dissidents non-persons and erased them from all reference. Art might be treated differently. As ideas evolve we can they see the path. Sometimes it's the path and the gestalt of the various instances of creativity that's the most interesting.

I'm not claiming I'm correct. One could summarize all previous work in the next one. Just a different point of view.

Asher

Andy brown

We need to have some drinks together!

Yeah!. a lot of drinks, I wanna see Nicholas, Asher and K doing shots till one of them has a conniption, a flip out prima donna moment and cries hysterically in their receptacle of smugness(cup).
I'm backing Asher and Nicholas to hold their resolve.
I've got a hungie(hundred bucks) on the table.../chuckle

Andy brown

.............. they run and own the forum , so all I can do is express my displeasure and

Run along.

By your own definition, The web is a big changing place and you won't be missed.

Your last posts smack of a major hissy fit.
More posting will underline, underscore and ultimately confirm your position as a self obsessed, nose in the air, aloof tosser.
Now run along while you've got a shred of dignity left.

Am I doing the dirty work for Nicholas and Asher? Do I feel the need to protect them?
I don't care but all I see is a disturbed tragic digging a widening hole crying pathetically " why am I being buried?'

Imants K

Banned
Maybe this is all too hard for you Andy ,what's your problem? All I am doing is stating a preference and you go off the deep end. Maybe you just ain't up to it, with the exit comment the return link is back here to this forum,.......................... any hissy fit is yours not mine
" why am I being buried?'
Don't know how you came up with that, as I have stated if that's the way they want it so be it I just won't post images, it's not a drama with me. If that is how the members want it so be it, I still don't agree and at no time have I stated a elitist stance just different to that of some others.
Judging by your post you have a anger problem............... chill

Andy brown

Well Imants, that's a much better comeback than I imagined you were capable of and maybe you're right, I should chill.

As to what's my problem..low tolerance for self implied elitism.

You're saying you're not. Sorry I may have misjudged you.

Asher Kelman

Well Imants, that's a much better comeback than I imagined you were capable of and maybe you're right, I should chill.

As to what's my problem..low tolerance for self implied elitism.

You're saying you're not. Sorry I may have misjudged you.
Thanks to both of you for stepping back!

Imants,

The distance from here to Australia protects you from a giant harangue from me but there you are, on the other side of the world with a view upside-down from what I see as reasonable!

So here's my request.

Provide 1 picture per thread and then other images as links. That way we have something of your work that illustrates the thread. If we wanted to copy stuff, your whole website can be copied in seconds.

Asher

Imants K

Banned
I don't know where you guys got this copy stuff in your heads from but it;'s never been an issue of protection nor is it part of why I prefer to use a link.
One of the aspects about this post was going to be about memory, it doesn't matter now as it is no longer viable, I did it on another site and it led to a interesting turn of events and a heap of direct participation.

Asher Kelman

I don't know where you guys got this copy stuff in your heads from but it;'s never been an issue of protection nor is it part of why I prefer to use a link.
One of the aspects about this post was going to be about memory, it doesn't matter now as it is no longer viable, I did it on another site and it led to a interesting turn of events and a heap of direct participation.
Thanks for the info. Could you give us a link. I will read it all as I'm motivated to understand.

Asher