• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

From the vehicle at speed!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don't you grab shots as the scenes whisk by almost predicting when a great tree could be framed as you wish?

IMG_1272.jpg

Asher Kelman: At Speed #1

IMG_1275.jpg

Asher Kelman: At Speed #2

IMG_1277.jpg

Asher Kelman: At Speed #3

IMG_1285.jpg

Asher Kelman: At Speed #4

Last edited:

Michael Nagel

The only two I have as it is usually me who is driving.

Taken on the autobahn at approx. 130km/h. Two seconds of delay between the first and the second shot. Only these shots taken - continuous mode would have made me miss the second one.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Yours are so impressive and well framed from the front! My angles are based on how I see what's rushing up from my peripheral vision, being in the passenger rear seat of a tax and having to miss the mirror, car frame and reflections.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Michael,

Yours are so impressive and well framed from the front! My angles are based on how I see what's rushing up from my peripheral vision, being in the passenger rear seat of a tax and having to miss the mirror, car frame and reflections.

Asher

Asher, your and Michael's images are both very interesting. Each in their own way. Michael, I have come to expect from him technically very well executed ( Munich! ) images.

But in this instance, I feel an emotional response to what you photographed and posted.
I can relate more to its imperfections ( ? ), because they are closer to what I might have got in a similar
situation.

Take care you both.

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thanks! I was on the passenger seat and as we are passing there from time to time I knew what to expect. Normally I would have stopped, but as this is the Autobahn this would have meant a detour as we would have to take the next exit and drive back. Coming home in time was higher on the priority list, so this was the the only way that moment. Luckily I did not miss, but if you look closely, you can see some editing to remove reflections. I am still not good at that...

Well, normally I am driving, but this time it was my wife.
I could add another taken while traveling by train, but you are referring to cars here.
Outside U.S. there are quite a few countries with a decent railway system... ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Fahim,

My approach is to do all I can to put the subject in the best possible light (which can be positive or negative depending on the intent) and _not_ to implicate myself into the result. It is about what is in front of the camera, not who is behind. The only personal thing is my choice of angle of view and the framing together with exposure to increase the focus in the result on what I see.
For the Performance Artists for instance - all the space was for their appearance, no room left for me.

I did also explore the other path here, here and here (another series I will post in the thread started by Wolfgang).

Things can and will change - I will let it happen when it is time for it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

So here is one taken while traveling by ICE. The train was passing through a series of smaller valleys (the usual bridge - tunnel - bridge sequence), so the time to capture the view was short each time.

Best regards,
Michael